CC'ers in Boston..... Are you Booking?

sail7seas

We are up in Bar Harbor . No way we can sail , too busy shoveling and plowing . Worried bout my house caving in . I feel like i'm in that movie "The Shining" Frank

Sending you best wishes you and your home stay safe.

You live in a very beautiful place. :)

Good luck.

We are up in Bar Harbor . No way we can sail , too busy shoveling and plowing . Worried bout my house caving in . I feel like i'm in that movie "The Shining" Frank

And they say that no one lives in Bar Harbor in the winter! :)

. Ruth Sheila is staying in Florida for a while

We're so happy to be in Florida. Our NJ community has no power

Thinking of all of you and hoping you stay safe

That is my biggest fear....... to lose power.

We have a blizzard on its way Saturday into Sunday. Dangerously low temperatures and 12-18" MORe snow predicted. I'm watching Coast Guard cutting ice in Boston Harbor pulling a barge into Quncy Shipyard right now. Boston Harbor frozen...... ugh! I soooo hope everyone keeps power up or it could be disaster for many.

You were so smart to head to Florida just in time. Relax and enjoy it. Happy Sheila made it safely there.

I feel for all of you down east, whether Canada or USA!

-37C!!!! Sheesh! Who knew?

I HATE to mention this but out on the west coast (Canada) we have had cherry blossoms, snow drops and daffodils blooming for the past week.

Everyone: think SPRING. Flowers, sunshine, fluffy clouds!!!

Keep safe, everyone!!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I HATE to mention this but out on the west coast (Canada) we have had cherry blossoms, snow drops and daffodils blooming for the past week.

Keep safe, everyone!!!

You must be on the Island because we don't have any cherry blossoms in bloom here yet.:( No doubt you'll be doing your flower count pretty soon.;) Daffs are up a few inches, though and bluebells.

I cannot even begin to conceive what those in the Maritimes and on the east coast have been dealing with this winter and I just hope it is soon going to be over for them, and spring puts in an appearance.

Edited by Lizzie68

Keep safe, everyone!!!

We sure have, but we've also had lots of rain that I swore I'd never complain about after seeing snow pictures from back east.:)

You must be on the Island because we don't have any cherry blossoms in bloom here yet.:( No doubt you'll be doing your flower count pretty soon.;) Daffs are up a few inches, though and bluebells.

I cannot even begin to conceive what those in the Maritimes and on the east coast have been dealing with this winter and I just hope it is soon going to be over for them, and spring puts in an appearance.

Lower Mainland, actually.

With family from the Prairies, I've heard about "real winter", but have not, luckily, experienced much!

We complain about the rain so much out here, but what the east coast areas are dealing with is unbelievable. I've watched a few videos on a weather channel and have been amazed!

Hope your flowers will be blooming soon. Our forecast is sun for a week starting Saturday!

Sail..thanks for this thread...I have family all over the Boston area...including an 80 plus aunt....they have sent videos...it is almost unbelievable....Please everyone stay safe and warm....you all do not need the storm that is coming this weekend....

And...on the other coast ....my brother says they are having Santa Ana winds in San Diego...temp in the 80's during the day.....we are cold cold cold in NC...but no falling weather thank goodness:):):)

Sail..thanks for this thread...I have family all over the Boston area...including an 80 plus aunt....they have sent videos...it is almost unbelievable....Please everyone stay safe and warm....you all do not need the storm that is coming this weekend....

And...on the other coast ....my brother says they are having Santa Ana winds in San Diego...temp in the 80's during the day.....we are cold cold cold in NC...but no falling weather thank goodness:):):)

The Governor has called the National Guard to bring bulldozers and heavy equipment to lift snow into trucks and remove it from city streets. They had to get special waiver to permit dumping the snow into the ocean as it is not environmentally friendly to do so. Extreme conditions call for whatever is necessary to keep people safe. The city streets are so narrowed with all this snow emergency responder vehicles cannot get to some areas if needed.

If we get safely through tomorrow's blizzard things should start to improve as the weather forecasters are saying the set of conditions permitting these storms is changing and this pattern should be more favorable. Fingers crossed and wishing everyone 'safe voyage' through this next storm.' Hope all stay safe, we all keep our power and our homes and businesses weather the storm without damage.

Edited by sail7seas

The Governor has called the National Guard to bring bulldozers and heavy equipment to lift snow into trucks and remove it from city streets. They had to get special waiver to permit dumping into the snow into the ocean as it is not environmentally friendly to do so. Extreme conditions call for whatever is necessary to keep people safe. The city streets are so narrowed with all this snow emergency responder vehicles cannot get to some areas if needed.

If we get safely through tomorrow's blizzard things should start to improve as the weather forecasters are saying the set of conditions permitting these storms is changing and this pattern should change. Fingers crossed and wishing everyone 'safe voyage' through this next storm.' Hope all stay safe, we all keep our power and our homes and businesses weather the storm without damage.

Thanks sail..I am trying to follow some of the TV stations weather reports..and knew they were dumping the snow in the Harbor...also two of my cousins have told me you cannot see at all coming into an intersection...snow is so high on both sides of the road...family in Quincy, Braintree, Wayland and Buzzards Bay...everyone stay safe..and praying no collapsed roofs or loss of power...

Thanks sail..I am trying to follow some of the TV stations weather reports..and knew they were dumping the snow in the Harbor...also two of my cousins have told me you cannot see at all coming into an intersection...snow is so high on both sides of the road...family in Quincy, Braintree, Wayland and Buzzards Bay...everyone stay safe..and praying no collapsed roofs or loss of power...

You have it right.... :)

Roofs are really at risk. I had men here shoveling my roofs. It was stunning how much snow was up there and they returned this morning knowing the forecast to be sure they had everything cleared.

It is impossible trying to turn at every intersection as you cannot see a thing. Exits onto highways have mountains of snow and you cannot see around it without nosing out almost into the traffic.

The cities you mention are in the zone where we got the extreme amounts of snow these last storms.

This truly is record breaking winter for those of us near the coast/metro Boston. I've lived her all my life and it is shocking.

Try http://www.whdh.com and click the weather tab for 'up to date'. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Roofs are really at risk. I had men here shoveling my roofs. It was stunning how much snow was up there and they returned this morning knowing the forecast to be sure they had everything cleared.

Oh, how I hated roof raking! I'd wedge my sorry self in between trees and pull huge mounds of snow and ice down on my head. On purpose!

Or, the ever-popular sport of sending huge (and I mean people-sized) icicles hurtling down at your own head.

Good times! :(

Stay warm. Don't worry about the bottled water and milk. You want ice cream, chocolate, and booze. (Not necessarily in that order.)

Oh, how I hated roof raking! I'd wedge my sorry self in between trees and pull huge mounds of snow and ice down on my head. On purpose!

Or, the ever-popular sport of sending huge (and I mean people-sized) icicles hurtling down at your own head.

Good times! :(

Stay warm. Don't worry about the bottled water and milk. You want ice cream, chocolate, and booze. (Not necessarily in that order.)

I am laughing so hard as you have it so right. :)

Icicles from my second story are huge........ thankfully, no one will be walking beneath them as there is about 6 or more feet of snow into which they will fall.

:) I went out yesterday to restock a bit and came home with ice cream, wine and a few groceries. :) Was sure to get the ice cream before I got the fish/flounder etc with which to make a fish chowder. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Saturday night the low will be -3, with 30-40 mph winds gusting to 60. Sunday night the low is -11 with the same winds (high is 3).

I get to be outside for a good two hours Sunday afternoon - hope I don't catch frostbite!

Cover every bit of skin....... be careful. That is dangerous kind of cold.

Cover every bit of skin....... be careful. That is dangerous kind of cold.

Definitely will, have to help fix a compromised porch roof at my grandmother's (who happens to be on hospice care now - bad times all around but let's think of happier things like sailing on a Dam ship).

It's not too late. Book a cruise. You all aren't amateurs. I'm sure you've got a bag packed to go. Humans were not meant to live in that weather, especially not when we've got cruise ships. Wake up your TA. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji568] [emoji51] but if you really can't then stay warm and safe [emoji477]

Edited by LMaxwell

I have just finished reading all the above posts. I watch the news and see and hear about all the extreme weather conditions, but it is different when you read first hand accounts from people that you have never met, but are part of your "community". You want to keep them safe and hope that they come through at the other end warm and safe.

Here in Oz, we have some snow storms, but mostly fire, floods and droughts. Having experienced floods and fires, I know how scary extreme weather can be, so my thoughts are with those of you experiencing these conditions and thank you for sharing. Stay warm and safe. Jen.

Talked with a cousin today...she has not driven anywhere in 2 weeks...thank goodness she and my aunt have sons and brothers and grands that have been bringing them groceries...my cousin also said no mail delivery in 9 days...too much snow for the carriers to walk their route...her brother took her to the post office today to get a few days mail...

Praying everyone in this new storms paths stay safe and warm....we are expecting something in NC this week...but will probably only be a few inches...my aunt who is in her 80's said this am..this is the worst she can remember...

Not Boston but I am in full mode storm prep. We have hurricane force winds coming and two storms colliding . It's just an uggher - 50 centimetres of snow at least and no idea where it is going to go. Power is our bigger worry with these winds. If it holds I will be grateful