CC'ers in Boston..... Are you Booking?

sail7seas

Why limit the question to Bostonians, though?

All of New England and eastern Canada has been dealing with snow, snow, and more snow. Many of us would like to get out, but can't for one reason or another. Even Innlady missed her flight out. Fortunately, she had a few days wiggle-room, and was lucky enough to get another flight. Now, looks getting back again might be another problem. ;)

Ruth, Certainly we know all of the Northeast and the Maritimes have been impacted by this huge snowfall we've gotten this year. I happen to be from Boston and asked about my 'hometown'. Anyone else most assuredly can ask about their's. Were I to have said Providence, RI, someone from Nashua, NH could well have said 'what about me'? Then there is Portland, Maine and Halifax....... we could have had a whole geography lesson. :D

I'm a Red Sox Nation, NE Patriot, Boston Bruin and Boston Celtic girl......... this is the city about which I commented. ;)

I haven't gone yet and I didn't miss the September snow. I did a cruise in April a few years back where we had well over a foot of snow the night before. I got to the airport ok but my plane sat on the Tarmac for well over two hours and I missed my connection. My cruise was leaving the next day. By the grace of God I got put on stand by. Hey, coming from the frozen tundra we all have war stories.

I am pretty sure you missed the late November storm because you were cruising. It was one for the record books. It made the September storm look tame.

Ruth, Certainly we know all of the Northeast and the Maritimes have been impacted by this huge snowfall we've gotten this year. I happen to be from Boston and asked about my 'hometown'. Anyone else most assuredly can ask about their's. Were I to have said Providence, RI, someone from Nashua, NH could well have said 'what about me'? Then there is Portland, Maine and Halifax....... we could have had a whole geography lesson. :D

>SNIP<

But it would have been much more inclusive to have asked regarding a larger area, or perhaps not specified an area at all. CC should be inclusive, should it not?

Yah, okay. ;) I'll keep that in mind for next winter. :D that is if we have thawed out and melted by then. :rolleyes: :eek: Anyone can ask about any region they wish. I wished to ask about Boston. I don't know how badly Providence got hit or how much snow Halifax has. I know what I got. :)

sail7seas7

<snip>

I'm a Red Sox Nation, NE Patriot, Boston Bruin and Boston Celtic girl......... this is the city about which I commented.

Why did you choose to edit out the last sentence of my post. It was exactly on point to my message. By eliminating part of my quote, you took away context.

Edited by sail7seas

Just to depress everyone even further(LOL). I just looked at the Alaska port webcams. At 4:45 P.M. Alaska time it is currently 49 degrees and raining in Ketchikan and 52 degrees in Sitka. From the cold and snowy corner of SE Pennsylvania. Stay safe everyone

I am pretty sure you missed the late November storm because you were cruising. It was one for the record books. It made the September storm look tame.

Well I certainly didn't miss the first week of January when it took between 2 to 3 hours to get home from work every night for a week. The snow was piled so high for weeks after that I took my life in my hands getting off the bus. Now that I'm not working it can snow two feet. It's commuting to work or having to work that's an ordeal. If you don't have to do that its not a big deal in my mind other than being stuck in the house.

Edited by cruz chic

I'm a Red Sox Nation, NE Patriot, Boston Bruin and Boston Celtic girl......... this is the city about which I commented. ;)

I too am from Boston and as Big Papi stated loud and clear for all to hear during one of this cities most tragic times "this is our "blanking" city!"

We are Boston Strong and we will get through this! No snow is going to stop us!

Hope you all make it to your destinations this weekend safe and sound. I plan on spending this weekend in my home, dreaming of warmer days and possibly planning a cruise.

Sail..I am sure you do notice the difference this winter..what with being on your own. I am glad you have found help to keep your self and your home safe. Will keep all of you suffering from this brutal winter in my prayers...

Sally, Thank you for your kind message. It is appreciated. :)

I too am from Boston and as Big Papi stated loud and clear for all to hear during one of this cities most tragic times "this is our "blanking" city!"

Hope you all make it to your destinations this weekend safe and sound. I plan on spending this weekend in my home, dreaming of warmer days and possibly planning a cruise.

YOU are right. Thank you for the reminder!!! ;)

Of course not! Granted, David Ortiz is in the Dominican Republic now... ;)

Yah, okay. ;) I'll keep that in mind for next winter. :D that is if we have thawed out and melted by then. :rolleyes: :eek: Anyone can ask about any region they wish. I wished to ask about Boston. I don't know how badly Providence got hit or how much snow Halifax has. I know what I got. :)

Why did you choose to edit out the last sentence of my post. It was exactly on point to my message. By eliminating part of my quote, you took away context.

Wow.. I thought talking about the weather was a safe topic. Think again

The empathetic and eloquent posters smell blood:eek:

Wow.. I thought talking about the weather was a safe topic. Think again

The empathetic and eloquent posters smell blood:eek:

Weather is a safe topic. It's endless frigging Winter storms that aren't. Trust me. These are my people. Stay clear of winter taunting.

And what does all this have to do with Holland America Lines? This forum is fast becoming more of a chat forum than a cruise line forum. Could we not have posts like this in another part of Cruise Critic?

Yeah, heaven forbid we should have any light banter for a change, as opposed to just railing on about dress codes and smoking.

I'll trade someone...anyone for some snow. I'll take 5 cm per day for the next 2 weeks if it's warmer than -20C. Seriously. Truck it up people.

We are 50 cm less of now to date but it's been brutal. Help me, I'll help you.

-37C tomorrow morning...what's new? I don't know what that is in F

I thought we had a free trade agreement.....C'mon New England.....Maritimes??

Sorry for the stream of consciousness....I haven't seen people in weeks.

:eek:

Thanks Ruth. Then it's bad...weeks of it.

I am seriously contemplating flying my peace tower flag from the back of the Westerdam on our upcoming cruise. My only concern is that it may pull me overboard.

People shouldn't be shut in to think crazy things like this.............

And what does all this have to do with Holland America Lines? This forum is fast becoming more of a chat forum than a cruise line forum. Could we not have posts like this in another part of Cruise Critic?

A thread just started on "Soap In The Self Service Laundromat"

For you to peruse. Now we're talking

I'll trade someone...anyone for some snow. I'll take 5 cm per day for the next 2 weeks if it's warmer than -20C. Seriously. Truck it up people.

We are 50 cm less of now to date but it's been brutal. Help me, I'll help you.

-37C tomorrow morning...what's new? I don't know what that is in F

I thought we had a free trade agreement.....C'mon New England.....Maritimes??

Sorry for the stream of consciousness....I haven't seen people in weeks.

:eek:

As much as I hate that bitter cold I'd take that any day over 2 feet of snow. I remember when Calgary had historic flooding in 2013 and people said they'd like to have that rain. Many people lost their house in that flood. I don't think anyone wants that.

As much as I hate that bitter cold I'd take that any day over 2 feet of snow. I remember when Calgary had historic flooding in 2013 and people said they'd like to have that rain. Many people lost their house in that flood. I don't think anyone wants that.

You make a good point...too much of anything is never a good thing.

All hail Socrates.