New ship to Long Beach, CA?

Alexv500

Don't you get the feeling that California is the Cinderella to all the Eastern ports?

Just remember that "Cinderella" is far more beautiful than her stepsisters (particularly "Swamplandia") and ultimately comes out on top.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

So carnival has been moving around some ships because of the new Carnival Vista. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any possible ships that might get repositioned to Long Beach, CA? It's time we get a nice ship here in California. A ship with 2.0 features would be great! It would definitely attract more cruisers in California. So what are some ships that might be sent to CA? I've read rumors of the Splendor returning, Miracle going to either down under in Australia or going to Tampa? Even read that the Valor might get sent here?

The Miracle is getting 2.0 upgrades in march.

N. O. Long Beach isn't getting anything new. Stop asking, same with Tampa (sadly).

Well someone seems a little upset. Don't even join this thread if it upsets you we are curious if LA is getting a new ship or not. At least we have more ships than Tampa.

Well someone seems a little upset. Don't even join this thread if it upsets you we are curious if LA is getting a new ship or not. At least we have more ships than Tampa.

I'm not upset, I'm just annoyed. So many people are asking for ships to Long Beach when you only do the 3-4 day Mexican Riviera cruises. The only good port there is Cabo.

Edited by FuturzMinion

California is huge. Driving to all of those destinations is also less than fun. The idea of cruising (unpack once, go different places) is perfect for the California coast.

I'm making the 10 hour drive from Northern California to Long Beach this weekend, wish they'd add San Francisco as a Carnival port :)

If they'd just vary the itineraries...do one of them on the short jaunts to ensenada and send the other north, toward Vancouver, it'd be a breath of fresh air.

I do see that people like it. I guess if I can get there by land I would just skip the cruise as I would not do those cruises up the eastern coast either. The idea of a cruise is to get to places I can't easily just drive to.

I suppose I am even less inclined since I have to hit the cities the California coastal cruises go to for work at least a couple times per year.

I'm not upset, I'm just annoyed. So many people are asking for ships to Long Beach when you only do the 3-4 day Mexican Riviera cruises. The only good port there is Cabo.

Only 3-4 day cruises? Mexican Riviera cruises are 7+ days. Puerto Vallarta is a nice port - I'd actually spend a week there.

N. O. Long Beach isn't getting anything new. Stop asking, same with Tampa (sadly).

some people might be annoyed with you jumping in on long beach threads only to say 'N.O.' your desires are not valid, and mistakenly validate that by saying that they only have 3-4 day cruises. this thread is an example of the fact that there are plenty of cruises aside from the 3-4 day cruises, including 7 day cruises, and the fact that they sail to hawaii too at a whopping 15 days. you don't sail from tampa to hawaii, btw, and likely never will on a carnival cruise...

some people might be annoyed with the 'so many people [that] are asking for ships to TAMPA when you [have a bridge that limits the ships that can be deployed there], [already have a fantasy class ship], [does not make as much sense for the deployment of one of 2 full time spirit class ships, as baltimore and long beach do], [AND HAVE THE MAJORITY OF THE CARNIVAL FLEET WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE, IN YOUR HOME STATE, WHICH HAS MULTIPLE PORTS, WITH MULTIPLE SHIPS].

i understand your tampa frustration. you want ANOTHER, BETTER ship in your back yard. and so does everyone else. but that does not justify demeaning other ports and specifically other posters, because you're not getting what you want. especially when there are so many ships already in your back yard, including the best of the best and everything in between.

/soapbox.

some people might be annoyed with you jumping in on long beach threads only to say 'N.O.' your desires are not valid, and mistakenly validate that by saying that they only have 3-4 day cruises. this thread is an example of the fact that there are plenty of cruises aside from the 3-4 day cruises, including 7 day cruises, and the fact that they sail to hawaii too at a whopping 15 days. you don't sail from tampa to hawaii, btw, and likely never will on a carnival cruise...

some people might be annoyed with the 'so many people [that] are asking for ships to TAMPA when you [have a bridge that limits the ships that can be deployed there], [already have a fantasy class ship], [does not make as much sense for the deployment of one of 2 full time spirit class ships, as baltimore and long beach do], [AND HAVE THE MAJORITY OF THE CARNIVAL FLEET WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE, IN YOUR HOME STATE, WHICH HAS MULTIPLE PORTS, WITH MULTIPLE SHIPS].

i understand your tampa frustration. you want ANOTHER, BETTER ship in your back yard. and so does everyone else. but that does not justify demeaning other ports and specifically other posters, because you're not getting what you want. especially when there are so many ships already in your back yard, including the best of the best and everything in between.

/soapbox.

This. I agree with everything.

Don't forget the one-off 13 day MR cruise. Cabo (2), La Paz, Mazatlan, Manzanillo, PV (overnight), Zihuatenejo.

January 2016

As a SoCal resident I would be ALL OVER northbound cruises from Long Beach. We sailed the Splendor out of Long Beach to Astoria OR, Victoria BC, and Vancouver BC as part of the swine flu re-routes in 2009 - by far the best non-Canal cruise we've ever taken, and I would book that itinerary again in a heartbeat.

We've done the Mexican cruises so many times that the wife is actually contemplating flying to Galveston for something different. Although that adds another $700 or so for flights.

Most times, flights to Houston are roughly the same price as flights to Florida. main reason I don't cruise out of TX.

We've done the Mexican cruises so many times that the wife is actually contemplating flying to Galveston for something different. Although that adds another $700 or so for flights.

That's what we just did. We'll be sailing out of Galveston in October. We just feel bored with the same ports of call. Loved it when San Diego was an alternative with different ports. And yes, it added $400 each to our fares, with airfare and transfers to/from the airport. THAT part makes us unhappy. But we're sucking it up! I hope it is worth it. Seriously!

That's what we just did. We'll be sailing out of Galveston in October. We just feel bored with the same ports of call. Loved it when San Diego was an alternative with different ports. And yes, it added $400 each to our fares, with airfare and transfers to/from the airport. THAT part makes us unhappy. But we're sucking it up! I hope it is worth it. Seriously!

Just be thankful you aren't paying $1200 for flights like my wife and I are.