Sunshine Deck Space Sufficient???

jkjmt

When I look at deck space for sunbathing on the Sunshine.....there doesn't appear to be much space. There's the Serenity decks and by the main pool for sunbathing. Is there sufficient amount of chaise/chairs for sunbathing??

If you don't have to be right in front of the pool, there's plenty of room/chairs, in my opinion. Lots of chairs on the way back to Waterworks and around that area. Sunshine has a huge Serenity area, again, if you don't have to be right by the pool. We never had a problem finding chairs.

We sailed july 2013 med cruise... Loved the ship!! Just get a chair early...you will love it! A couple times I ended up just sitting on the bench by the pool cause there were no loungers anywhere in the afternoon. It was all good though..lots of great people to meet!

Hi Karen, We were on the Sunshine Jan 17-24th & like any other ship if you dont get out early it's difficult finding lounges. Are you contemplating booking? We had a good time, but IMO no comparison to the Breeze. Just a few little things, but nothing by any means that ruined our cruise. I think we were spoiled by the Breeze. Actually, just booked the Breeze again for Jan 2016. Cant wait for the Vista! Hope you & your family are well!

When I look at deck space for sunbathing on the Sunshine.....there doesn't appear to be much space. There's the Serenity decks and by the main pool for sunbathing. Is there sufficient amount of chaise/chairs for sunbathing??

If you're simply sunbathing, you can go up one deck, but with all the additions, the only place for serene sunbathing is now the top of the serenity area and fore. A peaceful ship it's not. An active one it is.

We're currently onboard, returning to PC tomorrow. There isn't sufficient deck space. Chairs are crammed together and most are taken by 10 am. We go out early and want shade so we're relegated to deck 10, one side or the other, while smokers have a nice shaded area to sit all day long and smoke with padded wicker chairs. The rest of deck 9 and 10 are packed.

We're currently onboard, returning to PC tomorrow. There isn't sufficient deck space. Chairs are crammed together and most are taken by 10 am. We go out early and want shade so we're relegated to deck 10, one side or the other, while smokers have a nice shaded area to sit all day long and smoke with padded wicker chairs. The rest of deck 9 and 10 are packed.

Well, if they hadn't moved the smokers off their balconies there wouldn't be so many in the nice shaded areas:p

Darn smokers hanging out in the smoking area and smoking! What is the world coming to?

Yup, they're seriously inconsiderate using the smoking area to smoke. The non smokers wanted smoke free balconies and they got it and they're still complaining! :confused:

So you whined and complained that you would catch the occasional whiff of smoke on a balcony, so they moved the smokers to other areas and now you complain about that? Where would you prefer the smokers be? They were in the designated smoking area, it's not their fault you couldn't get out there early enough to get a seat that you wanted.

Sounds like a prime example of "watch out what you wish for" :p

Well, if they hadn't moved the smokers off their balconies there wouldn't be so many in the nice shaded areas:p

Since you seem very difficult to satisfy on Carnival, perhaps you should attempt to locate a totally non-smoking line. I'm sure there will be other problems, as there always are....right?....but people smoking shouldn't be one.:D

Your not seriously salty over the deck furniture in the smoking area are you? Lol.

Relegated to deck 10 sounds fine to me. I have never been one to lounge by any lido deck pool. They're all crowded.

LOL.....I think we digressed....

So everyone seems to agree, if you want a chair ANYWHERE on the Sunshine, you have to grab it at 10:00 AM.

Is the ship worth cruising??

Absolutely! As I will be on it two weeks from today sailing down the coast of warm Florida which is much preferable to the 60+ mph winds that we are experiencing that are predicted to drop our temperatures into the teens with wind chills in negative numbers!

And if you have a balcony then you have your own personal deck chair!

Hi Karen, We were on the Sunshine Jan 17-24th & like any other ship if you dont get out early it's difficult finding lounges. Are you contemplating booking? We had a good time, but IMO no comparison to the Breeze. Just a few little things, but nothing by any means that ruined our cruise. I think we were spoiled by the Breeze. Actually, just booked the Breeze again for Jan 2016. Cant wait for the Vista! Hope you & your family are well!

If you have another ship in mind I would reconsider.

I found quite the opposite true. Most smoking areas were packed with people (smoking and non-smoking) while NS only areas were empty. Seems to me the non-smokers are trying to take over the smoking areas and wave their hand, bitch and moan about smoke. My sons and their families are NS and never mentioned having a problem finding a shaded space. Perhaps you should roll your behind out of bed before 10am. Just a thought.

we are a family with smokers and non smokers. Yes those in our family that smoked did find the chairs comfy. Those in our family that don't smoke did not take the chairs away from those that do, in the smoking area. You cant have your cake and eat it too. You have them off the balconies. (where we would sit as a family and visit together while those that smoke, smoked.) There are plenty of other decks to relax if you get up early enough. After all, Early bird gets the worm. I don't understand why the constant banter against smokers. Yes they smoke and it's unhealthy. How many do you see at the buffet that over eat? At the bar that over drink? Are your ranting about them also?? Everyone pays for their own vacation. Purchase a smoke free balcony and sit on it, you can take your pillow from your bed if your arse doesn't have enough cushion.

Again......this is not a "smoking or non-smoking" post.....:(

I guess if we take this cruise, we'll book the aft wrap....then we won't have to worry about deck space. Now the next question....Are the lines long at the Lido buffet when NOT at prime time???

If you have another ship in mind I would reconsider.

Why???

In reading reviews....they seem to be mixed....if we get the aft wrap, we can sun bathe there, walk up one floor for lunch and two floors up to do the water park to cool off......that might be a plan????