Passport Stamps??

Daddyrob81

Hey guys. I've been reading around that it's possible to get Passport Stamps if you inquire with and leave your passport at the customer service desk, that they'll get them stamped by immigration officials when the ship docks. Does anybody know if this still occurs?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys. I've been reading around that it's possible to get Passport Stamps if you inquire with and leave your passport at the customer service desk, that they'll get them stamped by immigration officials when the ship docks. Does anybody know if this still occurs?

Thanks in advance.

For passport stamp locations . :)

Try this tread = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1930959&page=2

Our entire group aged 8 to 65 has enjoyed collecting passport stamps wherever we go.

On a different but related note....can someone tell me if we have to have passports to get off the ship in St marten or st thomas? I continue to read conflicting things. we cruised to mexico, Belize and roatan last year with just birth certificates. I thought I was clear on this but recently read an excursion in St marten now requires a passport?

Hope you get your stamps

The "danger" in getting stamps that you don't really need is that you may run out of blank pages before your passport expires. Some countries require that your passport has two to four blank visa/stamp pages. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement in not met. Something to keep in mind if you plan on doing a lot of international traveling.

Just be aware that most of the pier side places that stamp your passport are not government stamps but courtesy stamp by private entities. We don't want "vanity stamps" in our passport. Others may not mind, but we only want official government stamps in ours. Roatan comes to mind as one of the pier side stamp places that are private not official government stamps. I've never heard of the ship's crew getting your passport stamped for you unless it was an "official" requirement.

I knew that the stamps were not official stamps. Places like Belize and Roatan I wouldn't be vacationing there without it being a port stop on a cruise. Most of the countries I visit is through cruising anyway.

Edited by Godiva830

Our entire group aged 8 to 65 has enjoyed collecting passport stamps wherever we go.

On a different but related note....can someone tell me if we have to have passports to get off the ship in St marten or st thomas? I continue to read conflicting things. we cruised to mexico, Belize and roatan last year with just birth certificates. I thought I was clear on this but recently read an excursion in St marten now requires a passport?

Hope you get your stamps

To clarify. Having the proper docs (Passport of Birth Cert) is a requirement when you originally board. None of those ports ask to see anything other than MAYBE a photo ID.

I dropped off our passports at guest services on my recent Celebrity cruise. The guest relations person gave us a passport receipt, which definitely made it seem like many people do this. We ended up getting 3 of the 4 stamps. It was much easier than going all around looking for the customs office to stamp out passport, which we had done previously in Bermuda.

Thanks in advance.

I do this. I travel a little but and I like the different stamps. In the Caribbean ports that I have been to there is always an Immigration Office/Officer just as you get off the ship and walk throgh. Just ask someone and they will direct you to the office and they will happily stamp your Passport.

Enjoy the collection of Stamps.

Edited by Aussie Jeep