Luggage Tags

casique39

Well, its a bit more complex than that. At about 49 days out +/-, you will receive (maybe) a notice that your e-docs are ready. Go to your My Celebrity page, and THEN there should be a button on the bottom where you can request luggage tags.

Now, some people don't get a notice, so just check daily or so after the 49 day mark to see if they have shown up. You may or may not have to complete the online checkin forms before that too--I can't remember since I usually do that pretty early.

Sometimes the tags show up in a few days, sometimes it takes ages and you're sure they have forgotten (after 3-4 weeks) so you request them again and then you get two sets. Celebrity shoreside ops at your service. . .

As they are requested via website, there can be issues due to the notorious website itself.

The ones you print yourself work just as well, as many lines now do this. RCL only provides the self print option for their guests, except for suite guests. Tye paper printed ones are just fine. fold then and tape or staple to the bags, done.

International guests can't even request them by website but for Canada and perhaps UK guests sailing from the UK these guests have no option but the self-print or porter affixing them.

Also just arrive to the pier and have a porter affix a tag for you and don't bother doing anything in advance, wasting no time.

If you have issues requesting with website, just give up and print yourself, save the aggravation. Its one of those things that can go round and round and never resolve I've discovered, and I don't care to call in and waste time for it either.

International guests can't even request them by website but for Canada and perhaps UK guests sailing from the UK these guests have no option but the self-print or porter affixing them.

Although I'm not exactly sure what your saying here, just to be clear, Canadians can request luggage tags from the Celebrity website and for our last few cruises they have arrived within a couple of weeks of the request being submitted.

I have made my own using avery full sheet labels, repeating a picture of the tag - took a lot of medical boxes when traveling with my mom, so these were easy to attach and I didn't have to do a lot of writing.

Easy to use on extra bags, too.

I have not sailed with Celebrity since 2010, but back then the luggage tags were mailed to you. Do they still do this or do you have to print them? I think they would be very flimsy if printed.

Celebrity has mailed luggage tags to us automatically even though we did not request them.

We are in the USA and have never printed our own luggage tags, although some others here have reported doing so.

We find it easiest simply to have our bags tagged at the pier when we check them in, so have no need to bother with luggage tags in advance at all.

I already received my luggage tags, but ended up with a room upgrade yesterday, so I need new tags. We leave in 3 weeks (so maybe I need to just give it time). MyCelebrity and online check in are updated with my new room, but there is no longer a link for luggage tags. My e-doc PDF has my old room listed so I can't just print the luggage tag sheet. Any suggestions?

I already received my luggage tags, but ended up with a room upgrade yesterday, so I need new tags. We leave in 3 weeks (so maybe I need to just give it time). MyCelebrity and online check in are updated with my new room, but there is no longer a link for luggage tags. My e-doc PDF has my old room listed so I can't just print the luggage tag sheet. Any suggestions?

Just get tags from the porters at the pier. Bring a good pen (fine point sharpie?) with you. Just takes a few extra seconds. Be sure you know your new room number!

I just received notice that my e-docs were re-issued with my new room number. The link at the bottom of online check-in reappeared and I was able to request my new luggage tags.

Tell us more. Was it a surprise upgrade or a paid upgrade?:)

We upgraded our own stateroom after already receiving the old luggage tags. I simply did some X-ing out and wrote in the new stateroom number.

BTW - I bought the luggage tag sleeves from Cruise Critic only to find that the tags mailed through Celebrity did not fit. Are these sleeves made for the "print your own" tags?

Sounds good! ;) Did you get an midship angled balconies, or are you in one of the more aft C2's on the starboard or port, that angle out?

Hmmm.....I just had a thought. I wonder if anyone reading this could answer. I booked a Suite GTY. Received an assignment right away in a SS2 on the Resort deck. Can I use my Captains Club to upgrade to the SS1? Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I heard that the CC upgrading does not apply to Suites, and probably not for GTY bookings, either. :rolleyes:

I booked a Suite GTY. Received an assignment right away in a SS2 on the Resort deck. Can I use my Captains Club to upgrade to the SS1? Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I heard that the CC upgrading does not apply to Suites, and probably not for GTY bookings, either.

Captain's club 1 category upgrade can only be used at the moment you book. Can not be retroactively applied without a cancel and rebook and any referring, penalties etc. involved. Once you have a cabin number and reservation number, this option is out of play.

Also only allows upgrades within a supercategory to a higher sub-category within a super category, with Suites not being allowed, as well as the highest tier of concierge cabins (i forget if that's C1 or C3) are not allowed as upgrade option. You can only upgrade Concierge to Concierge, and Aqua to Aqua, you can't move Highest level Concierge to lowest level Aqua.

Edited by cle-guy

My TA said there would not be a penalty/cancellation, loss of perks, etc. I was actually surprised myself! I'll know from now on to ask upfront since you said that this is supposed to be done upfront to avoid fees. We are on the back hump (angled) cabins facing aft on 12. I'm hoping this will help with any wind, as well. I had done some research on these cabins and only a few had concerns with the noise above. Regardless, it is better than the forward cabin on 10 with a standard balcony, in my opinion. Getting excited for the cruise! It's been below zero this week.

Sounds good! ;) Did you get an midship angled balconies, or are you in one of the more aft C2's on the starboard or port, that angle out?

Hmmm.....I just had a thought. I wonder if anyone reading this could answer. I booked a Suite GTY. Received an assignment right away in a SS2 on the Resort deck. Can I use my Captains Club to upgrade to the SS1? Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I heard that the CC upgrading does not apply to Suites, and probably not for GTY bookings, either. :rolleyes:

Quite truthfully, there is more closet and drawer space in the S2 cabin, than the S1 cabin. The bathrooms are the same.