Looking for extended balcony on Riviera, 7114 is available...should we jump?

Leejnd4

Thanks to all you wonderful O cruisers, my research is tightening up and we're getting close to booking.

I've learned that there are some extended balcony cabins on deck 7 -- the ones I've heard mention so far are 7111 & 7114. 7114 is available for our sailing...is that a good one? Are there any others? Should we jump now, before it disappears, or search for a better one? (7111 is already taken :eek: ).

Thanks!

Jump for it -- but don't go overboard :D

Actually did not find the bigger balcony an advantage. You get the same chairs and small table as a standard balcony.

We wanted a lounger -- and eventually got one but we had to speak to the GM to get it.

Look on the deck plan. I think 7114 is port side. There may be others starboard but the side of the ship may not matter to you.

We had 7117 on Riviera last year and I am now a big fan of the extended balcony cabins. We had a marvellous room steward and I asked him on day 1 if we could have loungers. He said it might take a while but in fact we had the loungers that evening. Now these were not the fancy loungers that are available on the pool deck but they worked fine for us especially with pool towels on top.

We ended up with the loungers plus the regular balcony set up and we spent so much time out there that these would now be my first choice on the O ships.

Awesome! Thanks everyone! We're gonna jump. :D

Not to dampen your spirits too much but some complain of a "tunnel vision" effect on these (except the ones on either end where one side is open).

The view from inside the room gives the effect of a tunnel vision as you see less of water than you would with a shorter balcony.

However, if you want the extra space, this would give you that.

Awesome! Thanks everyone! We're gonna jump. :D

I do not know when your trip is but reserve it now and you have till final payment to change your mind if you want. From what I read here they Go fast.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Not to dampen your spirits too much but some complain of a "tunnel vision" effect on these (except the ones on either end where one side is open).

The view from inside the room gives the effect of a tunnel vision as you see less of water than you would with a shorter balcony.

However, if you want the extra space, this would give you that.

Ooh, good feedback! So I think for us, we'd rather have the balcony with less wind, even if the view is not quite as good. I'm okay not seeing the water so much. My husband and I have a sailboat that we spend all our weekends on (in fact I'm on it now :)) and so I see plenty of the ocean. Functionality is more important in this particular decision.

I've emailed my TA to grab it!

We will ask our steward about getting loungers as soon as we board, so hopefully we'll be lucky and get them early.

That looks good to me! I don't mind the overhang above us...keeps our balcony in the shade, I presume.

Any idea how much bigger this balcony really is over the standard? Somebody must have measured it at some point. :)

That looks good to me! I don't mind the overhang above us...keeps our balcony in the shade, I presume.

Any idea how much bigger this balcony really is over the standard? Somebody must have measured it at some point. :)

I am guessing it is 12x8 compared to 4 x 8 of the regular balconies

maybe someone measured them but I am just guessing ;)

Only part is shaded the rest is out in the open

Edited by LHT28