Oasis - Wifi Prices Drastically Reduced

TrojanUSC

Unless they have changed something, you don't need to log off in order to use another device. I was on the Allure in November with the one device unlimited plan. We just logged into a new device and it automatically logged you off the prior device.

That was the price on the Feb 7 sailing as well

$140 before any discounts for loyalty for 2 devices unlimited and for 1 device unlimited $105 for the week before discount. I ended up paying $75 for the week with my D+ discount. The info sheet they give you says 'packages from $10 per day"

The speed was very good and my husband did do a couple of speed tests to confirm that.

It certainly was much faster than on the transatlantic in October and way better than my Nov inaugural sailing on Quantum both in speed and price.

Am on Quantum in April so will be comparing

Pricing should good for full service wifi/internet. Did your D+ include the 90 minutes free as was part of the C&A Loyalty for D+? We depart on Oasis next week and confirming. I would rather be unplugged for a week and only have a very limited access/need for internet.

Thanks,

Pricing should good for full service wifi/internet. Did your D+ include the 90 minutes free as was part of the C&A Loyalty for D+? We depart on Oasis next week and confirming. I would rather be unplugged for a week and only have a very limited access/need for internet.

Thanks,

For me with my D+ discount the price was $75 for unlimited for the week.

Did not make sense to take the 90 minutes free if I was purchasing the unlimited on day 1. I used the coupon for D+ which is worth $29.95

However you could use up your free internet first and then purchase a smaller package if you still desire more internet time. The discount is applied on the sign up screen.

For me with my D+ discount the price was $75 for unlimited for the week.

Did not make sense to take the 90 minutes free if I was purchasing the unlimited on day 1. I used the coupon for D+ which is worth $29.95

However you could use up your free internet first and then purchase a smaller package if you still desire more internet time. The discount is applied on the sign up screen.

Unless they have changed something, you don't need to log off in order to use another device. I was on the Allure in November with the one device unlimited plan. We just logged into a new device and it automatically logged you off the prior device.

That is the way it worked on Adventure two weeks ago.

Is this cut in price fleetwide? Also anyone know the discount for diamond toward a package?

So far, the price drop has only been reported on Oasis, but I'd guess that someone would report it from Allure and Quantum soon. As far as I know, these are the only ships with O3B internet now.

Is there a way to use this on 2 devices to iMessage a family member on board? It would help to stay in touch with a teenager who is off doing something on their own. NCL has a texting app option on the Getwaway that worked great for us, but I don't think RCCL has anything similar?

Is there a way to use this on 2 devices to iMessage a family member on board? It would help to stay in touch with a teenager who is off doing something on their own. NCL has a texting app option on the Getwaway that worked great for us, but I don't think RCCL has anything similar?

Yes, if you bought the package for two devices, you could iMessage with each other.

I have the galaxy 5 so should I download an app like whatsapp or another to make calls? Anyone tried Skype from their android phone? How did it work?

Download a few.

Skype is great for calling other Skype users for free, but calls to phone numbers cost.

Vonage Mobile allows free calls to US numbers, but sound quality is only fair.

Hangouts, with the dialer installed, will allow you to call US and Canadian numbers for free, and quality is better than Vonage, but Vonage seems to do better on slow networks.

Hope this helps.

Please help! I just called royal caribbean to add the wifi package for my upcoming cruise on the Oasis and the representative gave me a price of $189 for 1 devise and said they have no information about any price changes or price drops?????? I'm confused???

Also, how do we avoid getting charged crazy roaming fees from our phone carriers while having our phones on connected to ships wifi?????

The speed on the Quantum was excellent. No hanging or freezing. The entire 2 hours of D internet comp lasted the entire 11 night cruise. Also, had our own PC and used W Office to type, copy & paste message before e-mailing.

Please help! I just called royal caribbean to add the wifi package for my upcoming cruise on the Oasis and the representative gave me a price of $189 for 1 devise and said they have no information about any price changes or price drops?????? I'm confused???

I would suggest adding the wifi once you are on the ship. They had a kiosk set up in the promenade the first day with information. Prices were on the handout. As many who have been on the ship recently have noted, the prices changed weekly. You are automatically given your C&A discount when signing up on the ship using your smartphone or tablet. I would definitely wait. You can also use any OBC you have towards the package if you put it on your Seapass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much. Will do!

So as for the issue with my phone carrier and not wanting charges-- I am still confused there. If I turn of data how will I access the ships wifi. Do I need to tell my phone carrier before hand that I will be connecting to the ship. I just don't want to see some crazy charges.

Thanks so much. Will do!

So as for the issue with my phone carrier and not wanting charges-- I am still confused there. If I turn of data how will I access the ships wifi. Do I need to tell my phone carrier before hand that I will be connecting to the ship. I just don't want to see some crazy charges.

Your phone has two type of data: cellular data and WiFi data. You turn off cellular data and turn on WiFi to access the ship's WiFi.