Anyone been on both the Sky and Enchantment of the Seas

pls5286

Hi! My fiancé and I are getting married and had initially planned on going on RCCL Enchantment to Bahamas on June 22 (2 days after we get married). I got an email over the weekend from NCL that has us seriously considering jumping ship to the Sky for the same time.

The itinerary for EOS is Cocoa Cay, Nassau, Sea Day

The itinerary for Sky is Freeport, Nassau, LSC

The things I am interested in: Is the ship "walkable"? I have been recovering from a pretty significant leg injury and extended walking is not an option.

Will they accommodate my lack of being able to do stairs during the lifeboat drill? Stairs are not really an option.

Are there fridges in the room? I am diabetic and need to keep my insulin cold.

Are there photo packages on the ship?

Is there a "formal" or "elegant" night at all?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, Sky is about $500 cheaper for us. $100 in fare plus the beverage package.

My Hubby and I have been on both and actually just got off the Sky a couple of weeks ago. The Sky is definitely walkable but I'm unsure of what they will do for the lifeboat drill. It is a nice sized ship and you will be able to get everywhere with the use of the elevators.

There are fridges in the rooms. We were able to get our own soda and water bottles in the fridge even with what was in there. We only had an inside cabin too so I would gather they have fridges in all rooms.

We didn't purchase any photos on the Sky but I know that they did have photo deals as I often walked through the photo gallery.

On the 4 night cruise they had 1 formal night. I didn't see a lot of people dressed really fancy but there were a few. You can go to the main restaurants at anytime without having to dress up so if you plan on formal it would be a good time for a specialty restaurant dinner.

I have to say that I like the Sky better overall but I think the main dining room food is better on the EOS. The pool area is much nicer on the Sky. For a savings of $500 I would definitely take the Sky. One other thing, the cabins are smaller on the Sky but we don't spend much time in the cabin anyway.

Have a great cruise regardless!

We have sailed on Sky twice and Enchantment more than once.

The things I am interested in: Is the ship "walkable"? I have been recovering from a pretty significant leg injury and extended walking is not an option.

Where is your cabin in relation to main elevators? Have you considered a rented scooter? If you had a stateroom other than mid ship, it is quite a walk.

Will they accommodate my lack of being able to do stairs during the lifeboat drill? Stairs are not really an option. I would talk to NCL staff as soon as you board. They do accommodate passengers who cannot do stairs.

Are there fridges in the room? I am diabetic and need to keep my insulin cold. Talk to NCL when you book so they direct you to their department where you can order a refrigerator in advance. They always accommodate the need for keeping meds cold.

Are there photo packages on the ship? There are packages but ships vary so ask NCL. Wish I had more information on this question.

Is there a "formal" or "elegant" night at all? NCL does not do formal nights. Dress is casual but you do see people dressing up and others never do that.

Having been on Sky twice we liked the ship alot. Happy cruising!

Hi! My fiancé and I are getting married and had initially planned on going on RCCL Enchantment to Bahamas on June 22 (2 days after we get married). I got an email over the weekend from NCL that has us seriously considering jumping ship to the Sky for the same time.

The itinerary for EOS is Cocoa Cay, Nassau, Sea Day

The itinerary for Sky is Freeport, Nassau, LSC

Will they accommodate my lack of being able to do stairs during the lifeboat drill? Stairs are not really an option.

Are there fridges in the room? I am diabetic and need to keep my insulin cold.

Are there photo packages on the ship?

Is there a "formal" or "elegant" night at all?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, Sky is about $500 cheaper for us. $100 in fare plus the beverage package.

The ship is walkable. You can use the elevators to go just about everywhere with a little walking once you get off.

About 15-20 minutes before the muster drill take the elevator to your assigned muster drill. You will find a lot of people do this.

There are refrigerators in the room.

I'm not sure about the photo package as I did not buy any photos. Never even visited the photo gallery.

You can choose to dress up or go casual to your respective restaurants.

We had a great time on SKY. She was the first NCL ship we did. Got off of her and went on the GETAWAY. Another great ship!!!!

Whatever you decide have a great time. RCL is also great. Sailed them many times!

I've enjoyed both, the Sky is a more modern type of ship with balconies on many floors, whereas the Enchantment is more of the older type ship with few balconies. I believe the Enchantment changed classes some years back when they stretched it. They cut it in half and added something like 75 ft. of new ship in the center.

We did the 4 day on the Sky out of Miami Nov 2013, and a 3 day on the Enchantment out of Pt. Canaveral Feb 2014. We are big fans of NCL's product, but overall I thought the Sky was a C+ and the Enchantment was an A-. Pool deck, entertainment, and main dining food were better on the Enchantment. Buffet was better on the Sky. Service was great on both.

We stayed in an inside for both and they were comparable, but only the Sky had a mini-fridge. Not sure what cabin class you are going for, but I know that was important to you.

The Enchantment is bigger due to its having been stretched out, so if walking is an issue, the Sky may be better.

Photos packages and formal nights were on both (Norwegian calls theirs something like Norwegian's Night Out - used to be Dress Up or Not Night).

I think your itineraries are comparable, but parking was cheaper in Pt. Canaveral than Miami. Just an FYI.