Bag of Lemons?

ciship

Can I take a bag of lemons on board with me for my 7-day cruise? I use them to keep my blood pressure in check, to keep from swelling up and feeling arthritic, and for overall health reasons.

What ship, what port? Technically, no, you cannot bring them onboard per USPH requirements. Does this mean you might be able to? Sure, but be prepared to lose them. Just ask room service to bring you as many lemons as you need every day.

Can I take a bag of lemons on board with me for my 7-day cruise? I use them to keep my blood pressure in check, to keep from swelling up and feeling arthritic, and for overall health reasons.

There are always lemons next to the water, tea, coffee machines on lido. You can also write a request on your room service menu.

I you do get them aboard , you won't be-able to disembark with them. There usually lemons available all the time in the Lido or any bar .

Edited by Kamloops50

You could always take a bottle of Real Lemon. I bring raw honey onboard for allergies and coughs and have never had a problem with a plastic bottle. You can get an ice bucket from your steward and keep the lemon cold in your room without the hassle of peeling lemons. They usually have a bin of cut up lemons by the ice tea/drink station and you could get a cupful every morning for the day.

Do a search for Organic lemon Juice - Santa Cruz and Lakewood brands make pure lemon juice in a bottle. The bottles are 16 oz and are real lemon juice, unlike Real Lemon brand. You do need to keep it cold but you can get a bucket of ice.

All great info.......thank you everyone! I had no idea I could get REAL lemon juice already squeezed. The yellow lemon shaped bottle of lemon juice next to the REAL lemons in the grocery store just doesn't work the same (tastes the same, but does not cut down on swelling or help blood pressure).

I will start my search for the real stuff. Thanks!

Florida, Texas and California have regulations prohibiting bringing citrus from out of state, so if your cruise leaves from any of those states, don't bring the lemons with you as you can be fined heavily. The regulations are there to protect the local citrus from outside disease. Best to just get some from the buffet or room service.

Enjoy

Ron