Grand Princess to Hawaii Questions

Jaddy

Could someone please tell me which pier Grand Princess uses in Honolulu? I have set up a private tour and the vendor wants to know this. Cruise ships in Honolulu apparently use either pier 2/3 or 10/11.

Also, does anyone know which nights will be the formal night on the 15 nite GP cruise to Hawaii?

Lastly, does anyone know if Eula and David Cole are still scheduled to be on the March 4 GP cruise to Hawaii? I have been reading a lot of favorable comments about them so it sound like fun if they will be aboard.

Thank you in advance for your input.

According to the port schedule it looks like you will be docked @ 2....

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/oahu-cruise-2015-02-12-15.pdf

David Cole is to board the Grand on the March 4th sailing and according to their schedule, Elua is supposed to be aboard then also :D

not sure about the formal nights....;)

Could someone please tell me which pier Grand Princess uses in Honolulu? I have set up a private tour and the vendor wants to know this. Cruise ships in Honolulu apparently use either pier 2/3 or 10/11.

Also, does anyone know which nights will be the formal night on the 15 nite GP cruise to Hawaii?

Lastly, does anyone know if Eula and David Cole are still scheduled to be on the March 4 GP cruise to Hawaii? I have been reading a lot of favorable comments about them so it sound like fun if they will be aboard.

First of all, any reputable tour operator would know this information... I would be very leery... I've done this cruise 4 times and neverwas I asked this information!!!

You'll have 3 formal nights. Second sea day I think...

The formal nights will be in the Patter the day you embark. The Patter will be in your cabin. You're in for a treat with Elua. Take their classes. So much fun! I never missed their performances either. She is so graceful when she dances and I could listen to them all day��

Edited by sasha'smom

Lucky you. You picked the correct voyage. Dave Cole AND ELUA will be on your cruise. Most of the time, the ships are docking at the "other" terminal, not the one fronting Aloha Towers. And yes, I would be very leery of a tour operator that doesn't know this information.

Eula will be on the 3/4 cruise. Join our roll call for lots of info!

Be sure to check the Patter every day to catch where Elua is performing. Sometimes they're in the Piazza, sometimes up on deck. I took Leialoha's hula classes on our last two cruises. On the last cruise, I shared an elevator ride with them once and Leialoha and Dave were so nice.

You will find out when the formal nights in the first day's Patter.

I would wonder about a tour guide asking which pier...as long as you told him which ship you're on, that website referenced above will give the pier number.

According to the port schedule it looks like you will be docked @ 2....

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/oahu-cruise-2015-02-12-15.pdf

This is a great website to use for Hawaii sailings, but it's not always accurate. When we went to Hawaii last year it said we would be docked at Pier 11. I was a bit disappointed, since I prefer Pier 2, which is where the Aloha Tower is. I was out on deck when we entered Honolulu Harbor and was pleasantly surprised when we sailed right past Pier 11 and docked at Pier 2 instead. Edited by Jasperdo

Link below is map of pier locations, where you will see that pier 11 is the one by Aloha Tower.

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2012/10/Honolulu-Harbor-Oahu.pdf

You're right. I got my pier numbers mixed up in my last post. Pier 11 is the Aloha Tower. But last year we were scheduled to dock at the other pier, where the Pride of America docks. We went to the Aloha Tower pier instead. Sorry for the confusion.