Galveston cruise port question

Can you bring a 12 pack of pop onboard or 12 pack of water bottles? thanks in advance:)

Technically against the rules, but usually allowed. They tend to enforce the rules more during spring break.

This past December when I showed up with a case of water w/ a luggage tag on it, the porter told me "We were told we're not to accept water. You have to carry it on." I said "if I lose it I lose it. Please just add it to my luggage." I tipped him well (but would have anyway). My luggage arrived and I asked my steward if he knew anything about my water (2 months previous it arrived HOURS before my luggage). He said he didn't. I assumed it was history. Well about an hour or so later there was a knock and a steward had a big rolling luggage cart w/ scads of cases of water and soda on it.

So RCI in the FAQ's said no.

The Porter said he was told YES but I'd have to carry it on

It made it just fine w/ my checked luggage.

SO the actual answer is: who knows? :D

We've never had a problem.

Below is an excerpt from the RC website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol.

Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Happy cruising!

Just of Navigator. We took a case of water, put it in a suit case and gave it to a porter. Had to go down to the naughty room to pick it up. Just opened the suit case and showed security it was water and on my way in less than a minute. Our aunt and uncle did a carry on bag with a 12 pack of pepsi and case of water and had no problem when checking in.

We sailed last spring break on the NoS w/ another couple that brought a case of 24 bottles of water. They were told by the porter they couldn't take the water. So they re-shuffled one of their bags a bit and place the case in a large rolling duffle bag. It made it to their cabin along w/ their other luggage.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin