Breakaway deck plan / cabin experts... Come IN!

SailAwayInAugust

I am booked on a regular mid ship balcony on deck 13 on the Breakaway, but I keep reading that these balconies are tiny so Im a bit bummed. I was on the Gem (Mid Ship Mid Suite) and was spoiled by the large balcony.

My question is this...

Cabin # 8776 is available. I was looking at the deck plans and it appears that the ship is a bit wider in this spot. Does this mean that the balcony is a larger than the standard ones - even just a little bit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by SailAwayInAugust

Yes, slightly bigger balcony, enough space for 2 lounger instead of the slim chair along with the micro-sized table (good for 1 plate + glass/mug) - and, compared to the Gem's balcony, even this one on deck 8 would seemed small.

It's near the jazz & blue club so the music/noise might be a problem into the night as some reviews I read claimed so - it's your own call.

We just got off the BA we had #8756, balcony is standard, small, just 2 arm chairs an a small table. very quiet area, you can hear the music from the theater during rehearsals (around 4 to 6 pm some days) and performances of Burn the floor and Rock of ages, no so bad since the latest show finishes around 11-11.30 pm, our cabin was a bit away from fat cats so never heard anything but #8776 is a bit closer so i do not know. you are talking about a BD or BB balcony, those are standard, the MA are the large balconies. this area is really good, located near almost everything, on the center of 678 OCEAN PLACE, which is were all the action is other than the pools and buffet.

Edited by teseo

Well - let's recheck & OP can her/his own conclusion and decide. Open & zoom in - check out the lowest balcony as that's deck 8 on the BA, near the flag pole (and the inflatable life rafts) on the left side of the picture. It appeared to be "slightly" or maybe "very slightly" bigger in size vs. the "standard" tiny balcony in the category - the 'bigger" balcony are deck 9 forward - that's shown here on Youtube -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140327_150225.jpg

It's on the lower deck & mid-ship and not bad, close to many public venue and minimal motions even in rough seas and downside being possible noise.

Compared to the GEM's balcony, these will still feel small.

I am booked on a regular mid ship balcony on deck 13 on the Breakaway, but I keep reading that these balconies are tiny so Im a bit bummed. I was on the Gem (Mid Ship Mid Suite) and was spoiled by the large balcony.

My question is this...

Cabin # 8776 is available. I was looking at the deck plans and it appears that the ship is a bit wider in this spot. Does this mean that the balcony is a larger than the standard ones - even just a little bit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

What I have read it seems alot of balconies are small on the breakaway unless you get the ones with a larger balcony. My agent told me our cabin 10784 on deck 8 is alittle bigger (it comes out in a triangle) and the same cost of the other BB catergories. we will see. Good luck in choosing a cabin...it is so hard sometimes especially if you do not know the cruise line

what i have read it seems alot of balconies are small on the breakaway unless you get the ones with a larger balcony. My agent told me our cabin 10784 on deck 8 is alittle bigger (it comes out in a triangle) and the same cost of the other bb catergories. We will see. Good luck in choosing a cabin...it is so hard sometimes especially if you do not know the cruise line

isn't cabin 10784 on deck 10?

Yes, 10784 is of course on deck 10. We were in a BD stateroom on deck 10 by the aft elevators/stairs.

This year, we will be on deck 8.

OP, it does appear that 8776 and the few cabins after it will have a slightly larger balcony, but not much. Here is a photo that shows them. At the left you will see the end of the Waterfront on deck 8. The 4 or so cabins that are right next to the end of the waterfront you can see the balconies do protrude a bit past the rest down the line to the right. People on the waterfront will be able to see onto your balcony pretty well. For some, this may be a problem with privacy. For others, it may not matter.

Hope this helps. I've been studying Breakaway's deck plans since 2013 when we booked our cruise for 2014.

ImageUploadedByForums1424299157.362316.jpg.178ba3974173c80ad45315452ee918d6.jpg

P.s. Wish I knew how to make photo bigger!

Edited by meatball_nyc

OP,

8776 will have a longer balcony floor, but the balcony railing is set back. See photo by Gambee

Here is a link to that part of his review on deck 8 and the Waterfront.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/breakaway-review-chapter-8/

[ATTACH]340786[/ATTACH]

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Makes complete sense now.

I'll stick with my original plans. ;)