Specialty restaurants - Age 3 and under eat free

cadien

I'm looking over our booklet and it says Our specialty restaurants work for families too because children 3 years old and under eat for free. Children 4-12-years old can choose either from a complimentary Kids' Menu for from the restaurant's Specialty Kids' Men for half price.

Our child will be 3 when we cruise. Would only the general Kids' Menu be free or him or any of them? It would not be unreasonable for them to limit it to the most basic options when we're not paying for the meal, and the wording gives them some wiggle room, so I don't want to assume anything. Does anyone have personal experience with this?

i really can't imagine very many kids 3 and under that would really be interested in the specialty menu for starters. I also wonder how content a young child would be in a restaurant where the average time for a meal is close to a couple of hours, at least 90 minutes. So, to be honest I am not sure what difference it makes, but if it says they eat free I would take it they do. I am sorry if it sounds like I am ranting but I have only been in a specialty dining room twice where there were toddlers and both times it was a disaster; once it was not a toddler but an infant. Mommy and daddy spent 1/2 the time walking the baby. It seemed to be a large family gathering, probably 3 or 4 generations. I imagine there was no choice but to include the baby. The second time it was a little girl about 2 or so, she did nothing but fuss and I am sure many people didn't enjoy their meal as much as they had hoped to, including mom and dad.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Under three can order off the REGULAR Specialty menu for free, but it could be kind of a waste... Last year on the Dawn my then 2.5 year old did have a LeBistro filet delivered to our suite at no charge (the rest of us had the regular fee) but he's always been an awesome eater, and Daddy finished what he didn't... they're pretty happy to accomodate what you want, in La Cucina he had meatballs (with no pasta), broccoli, carrots and mashed potatos. I avoided the kids menus, just not what he usually eats.

Edited by Copper_beeches