Luminae opening february 26 on equinox

Im A Happy Cruiser

I received a call from Celebrity today offering complimentary dining in any of the speciality restaurants on Equinox on February 23, 24 and 25. We are booked in a sky suite. She said Luminae would be opening on February 26 using the menu from the MDR. She indicated some special activities are planned for that night.

That's great the opening is early. Not surprising, as we got a peek of the room last week while on the ship and it looked like it was coming along. I wonder if they will upgrade the plain white wall around the restaurant, though.

Did they say anything about the other ships? We sail in a Suite, on the Reflection, at the end of March.

Edited by Iamthesea

I received a call from Celebrity today offering complimentary dining in any of the speciality restaurants on Equinox on February 23, 24 and 25. We are booked in a sky suite. She said Luminae would be opening on February 26 using the menu from the MDR. She indicated some special activities are planned for that night.

Wow, when we were on the Equinox on Feb 2 cruise the temporary walls went up on that cruise to start Luminae, surprised that it only takes 24 days to complete.

Edited by If only

We were also on the 2/2 cruise and the wall was already up the first night at dinner. I assumed it had been up for awhile. ;)

Did you actually see it go up that day? I wonder if getting the materials for that project was the cause of our delay in leaving Ft. Lauderdale. :rolleyes:

We were also on the 2/2 cruise and the wall was already up the first night at dinner. I assumed it had been up for awhile. ;)

Did you actually see it go up that day? I wonder if getting the materials for that project was the cause of our delay in leaving Ft. Lauderdale. :rolleyes:

It actually went up formal night as we had dinner with the Captain that night in Murano & when we were in the dining room the next night it was up but was not up the first night as people were over there the first night & we were quite close to the wall after it was put up. I thought we were late leaving due to the snowstorm in the northern states & Canada as we got over 10 cm's that night apparently & they were waiting for a number of passengers.

Edited by If only

Haha...the Captain announced that our departure was delayed because of uploading some supplies for shops/stores. Everyone at the CC gathering that evening at the Sunset Bar (Were you there?) suspected it was for weather delayed passengers.

It was strange that two ships left on time, but 3 didn't. Two were at the end of the pier with our ship. I thought that perhaps those ships were delayed because the pier was blocked by trucks bringing the supplies onboard to us.

As for the "wall", you must be correct.;) My DH swears the wall was there on the first night. We were actually seated across the way on the port side. It was so cramped over there. :eek: When we asked our servers why, they said it was because of the new restaurant being built on the starboard side. Of course, we had already read about it on our Roll Call and this board.

Fast forward to the 3rd evening (we ate in Tuscan for Formal night) where we were seated right next to the wall during 2nd seating! We had asked for a table change the day before and received that table for two next to the construction entrance to Luminae. Again, we had assumed the wall had been up for awhile. Every time the door would open, we were trying to take a sneak peek. :D Other than a few construction men and our head waiter going in and out, we never heard a thing. The head waiter said there was not to be any work between 4:00 and midnight (or was it 2:00am) each day. He caught some workers inside on more than one occasion and seemed quite upset about it.