Best cabin QV. Princess grill

janecambridge

They're all okay.

With the midships cabins, have a look at what's across the corridor though. If it appears there is a door opposite, it can very often be a crew access area. We had one on deck 6 which was used for collection of towels and had a sink area and other crew necessities for topping up trolleys. The crew always gathered there and had very loud conversations at 5am which constantly woke me up.

Being close to the lifts can be slightly noisy as you will hear the ping and people talking deciding which way to go but this is not nearly as bad as the crew door mentioned above.

Don't forget there are the 2 PG cabins at the front of the ship on deck 5. We've never had one of these but understand from parents who had the next door balcony cabin that they are more spacious than the midships ones.

Edited by Lynnewob

My understanding is that the midships PG cabins are all the same inside.

We have stayed in PG cabins more or less opposite to the crew stairwell a couple of times. This hasn't caused us any major issues. In fact, I would say that the crew were more considerate than the couple in the cabin next to us who always let their door bang shut every time they went in and out (and they went in and out a lot!).

I've just checked the deck plans and it doesn't appear there are any doors there on deck 5 so you should be okay.

Our cabin was 6092 and you can see the indent opposite it, which is the crew door I'm referring to. I certainly wouldn't pick that cabin again.

Thank you for your help.Its deck 5 and they all look the same except some are nearer the lifts.

I never book 'accept an upgrade' on a balcony booking as I man fussy about choosing my cabin,but surely if I do this time it can only be for the better?

I guess that depends on how fussy you are....I've never been in a Q grade cabin but I'm sure they are larger than the PG ones. However, some of the best cabins on the ship are right at the back, which I wouldn't want as I much prefer to be midships. If you don't mind where you are on the ship, then I'm guessing that it can only be a good thing. I suppose you could also be upgraded to a P1 which is exactly the same but on a higher deck. The ones on deck 8 are right underneath the Lido restaurant and I've read on here that they can be noisy.

Thanks again.

We once had a cabin under a lido deck on Princess that was a 24 hour buffet.It was hell until we got moved...is the winter garden okay at night and first thing?We don't sleep in the day...

I am a poor sleeper and the P1 sounds doubtful then.I am now concerned as I booked today and agreed to an upgrade.Oh dear...

I don't mind if we are aft as long as we are between cabins...had some good balconies at the back..

Thanks again.

We once had a cabin under a lido deck on Princess that was a 24 hour buffet.It was hell until we got moved...is the winter garden okay at night and first thing?We don't sleep in the day...

I am a poor sleeper and the P1 sounds doubtful then.I am now concerned as I booked today and agreed to an upgrade.Oh dear...

I don't mind if we are aft as long as we are between cabins...had some good balconies at the back..

The winter garden is pretty quiet 24/7 but they do have the odd thing going on in the evenings. I think they tend to finish at a reasonable time though.

Whichever cabin you find yourself in, I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. Do you mind if I ask where you are going?

we are doing the 3 night Bruges trip.

I have other holidays booked this year.I wanted to try a Princess Grill but cant really afford it for a week or more yet.

We did a 5 night sail in Victoria 2 years ago,,incorporating the same Bruges itinerary,so this time we will stay on ship and enjoy the luxury.

We recently sailed a Regent cruise (luxury) and although it was very good in some areas,other areas let it down.We loved Victoria for the short time we were on her.

I guess that depends on how fussy you are....I've never been in a Q grade cabin but I'm sure they are larger than the PG ones. However, some of the best cabins on the ship are right at the back, which I wouldn't want as I much prefer to be midships. If you don't mind where you are on the ship, then I'm guessing that it can only be a good thing. I suppose you could also be upgraded to a P1 which is exactly the same but on a higher deck. The ones on deck 8 are right underneath the Lido restaurant and I've read on here that they can be noisy.

We were in 8239 on the QV & yes you certainly heard the carts being moved a cross the floor in the Lido. Though it was a nice room,Wheelchair accessible, which made it larger than a P-Grill, I'd book next time 1 deck lower.