"LIVE" from the Oasis of the Seas - February 21, 2015

niksmom630

Question for anyone following out there...can you bring your bottle of carry on wine to the MDR and have them store and serve it? DSIL needs to know. Corkage fees? We are doing MTD (grrrrr) if it matters......

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for taking us along with you! We'll be sailing Oasis August 15 - our first time on this class ship. Seeing your photos is making me anxious!

We're flying in the day before and staying at the Embassy Suites; we've done this hotel before and liked the free happy hour and free breakfast.

Edited by suep

Question for anyone following out there...can you bring your bottle of carry on wine to the MDR and have them store and serve it? DSIL needs to know. Corkage fees? We are doing MTD (grrrrr) if it matters......

I read on a blog that the corkage fee was removed. Royal Caribbean FAQ's confirms there is no corkage fee. So, if I were you, I would take the wine and if thy try to bill your seapass card, pull out the official statement found here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336

Edited by APDMOM
typo

I read on a blog that the corkage fee was removed. Royal Caribbean FAQ's confirms there is no corkage fee. So, if I were you, I would take the wine and if thy try to bill your seapass card, pull out the official statement found here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336

Thanks, APDMOM! Well give it a shot 😊

The shuttle worked out well. We always take a taxi, because I don't like the idea of waiting for shuttles to fill up and being cramped like sardines. There were only 9 people on our shuttle. Included breakfast is a great value, since the buffet was $18 PP!

The pictures have been great, really enjoy following along. I agree with the deck 6 midships location. We have done one cruise each on Oasis and Allure and we enjoyed having a cabin in that location for both cruises. :)

Hello, I am a virgin cruiser (wow, haven't used THAT word in a long time - lol) and will be on the Oasis on May 2nd.

I really appreciate this post/thread and am eating it up.

I assume that the three free drinks you mention are for your Diamond status and not the regular sleps like moi. :D

Can you also tell me about other on board activities other than the actual shows.

Thanks and btw: your pictures are fantastic.

Linda

Aqua theatre this morning

There are the nice folding chairs with cup holders alternating rows with bench seating. The folding chairs are more comfortable, but it is easier to take photos from the bench seating because of the railing...

101F173C-56BE-40C1-A5DB-620CDB0A0210_zpszuqpddtr.jpg

Loving your review and excellent pictures! I've been on Oasis twice before, third time coming up in May, and I've always wondered about the seating in the Aqua Theater. The bench rows are so terribly uncomfortable, and I never really understood why they didn't just use the lovely colorful beach chairs throughout all the rows!

I imagine you've just sailed away from Nassau. Enjoy your afternoon at sea!

Hello, I am a virgin cruiser (wow, haven't used THAT word in a long time - lol) and will be on the Oasis on May 2nd.

I really appreciate this post/thread and am eating it up.

I assume that the three free drinks you mention are for your Diamond status and not the regular sleps like moi. :D

Can you also tell me about other on board activities other than the actual shows.

Thanks and btw: your pictures are fantastic.

Linda

We will be on the oasis on May 2nd as well :) see you there!

A few more pictures for today. We are going to try our first MTD experience this evening, and then we have the Comedy Club, scheduled so it will be full evening.

You've probable all seen this photo a hundred times, but it never gets old for me! You can capture this shot from the seating area outside the Wipe Out Cafe

91FC2D2C-2ABB-4233-AE9D-577C94B76E37_zpsy0fx6cg7.jpg

I decided to check out the new Diamond Lounge. Since we have the free preloaded beverages on our card, and because DBIL and DSIL are not Diamond yet, I knew we wouldn't be using it, but thought those following along may have an interest in seeing it.

They still have not updated signage...showing Wonderland instead of the D lounge

18D2504B-767C-4AA6-8812-B6607D25EA24_zpsxg1tztv2.jpg

First level....

82CD1FEA-0AA6-4974-97F7-7158A25A4CB3_zpsohm0igwc.jpg

75803AC2-6A6E-46E0-BD51-B673B96EDFD9_zpsj8eyvs06.jpg

4DF3B6E2-E945-408F-B7E2-82C7A583583C_zpsezdj9lcg.jpg

The second level...by the way, this is not handicapped accessible. Emergency only exits.

Not like anyone would want to sit up here anyway! Bleeech!!! This is so obviously an afterthought, and a poor one at that....nice that they tried to liven the place up with Art Auction stuff 😝

507B1695-D483-4A14-BF45-0566FE09BED7_zps50xa5d6e.jpg

DC5761F4-18D6-4734-A845-3E7CB42D3242_zpsw18us3u3.jpg

The rules......

2DCB96BD-DF11-413A-90ED-5DA0F64B2931_zps9zvb4nu0.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why can't you take beverages out of there? I understood the thought process behind it, prior to the drink vouchers, but I saw about three signs, including one on the door advising not to take drinks from the lounge. Maybe is they make this venue as uncomfortable as possible, it'll limit the over crowding. 👍

I'll check back late to answer questions I missed! More later!

We will be on the oasis on May 2nd as well :) see you there!

Were another May 2 cruising couple. Aren't we lucky to have someone be this kind and pave our way for fun!! Thank you Darkwing. I'm not really as computer savvy as you but I'll try to pay it forward!!

Enjoy your cruise and THANK YOU!!

Edited by Paula1249

The second level...by the way, this is not handicapped accessible. Emergency only exits.

Not like anyone would want to sit up here anyway! Bleeech!!! This is so obviously an afterthought, and a poor one at that....nice that they tried to liven the place up with Art Auction stuff 😝

507B1695-D483-4A14-BF45-0566FE09BED7_zps50xa5d6e.jpg

DC5761F4-18D6-4734-A845-3E7CB42D3242_zpsw18us3u3.jpg

The rules......

2DCB96BD-DF11-413A-90ED-5DA0F64B2931_zps9zvb4nu0.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why can't you take beverages out of there? I understood the thought process behind it, prior to the drink vouchers, but I saw about three signs, including one on the door advising not to take drinks from the lounge. Maybe is they make this venue as uncomfortable as possible, it'll limit the over crowding. 👍

I'll check back late to answer questions I missed! More later!

Last month on Oasis we saw the signage but we watched others take their drinks out right past the concierge without being stopped so we did and were also not stopped. You are right the signs don;t make senses as most evenings we got the same glass of wine at the Schooner Bar with the vouchers.

Were another May 2 cruising couple. Aren't we lucky to have someone be this kind and pave our way for fun!! Thank you Darkwing. I'm not really as computer savvy as you but I'll try to pay it forward!!

Enjoy your cruise and THANK YOU!!

Yes!! Scrolling through these trip reports is really adding to the pre cruise excitement!

My "light" reading for the plane ride down. This was recommended by someone on the photography section of the CC boards.

6465D06C-C8C7-4032-BF2A-E3B9AD8CD27B_zpsxbxlb0d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chris,

Thanks for the book recommendation. I downloaded it to my Kindle and it am already getting a lot out of it. I like how easy it is to understand. :)

Took them when we boarded yesterday around 11:30 am

Great thanks. Note to self...snap pictures on boarding to get photos without people.

Love your pictures of Nassau...beautiful. We're on the same itinerary as you on the Allure so am really interested in hearing it all. Thanks for posting.

I live for all these reviews! It has been 5 years since my last cruise. Will be on the Oasis in April and can't wait. My husband thinks I am crazy for spending so much time reading the reviews. He thinks I will be very depressed when it is over. I will just come home and start planning the next one!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning! Welcome to day 3. I have more photos to share, but I got a rather late start this morning, and now I am heading out to our M & M, followed by the cabin crawl.

It looks like a beautiful sea day!

DE7D7885-4812-4BFE-9D5D-51D3F15042E5_zpslwn2ux31.jpg

Aqua theatre pool this morning....

22E69C7B-896A-4B20-B19D-D7ECC1CD2735_zpszpgrbllk.jpg

Have an awesome time at your meet and greet. And how fun to do a cabin crawl!

I notice that there are people in pool at the Aqua Theatre pool. Are you allowed to swim there, or is there some special lesson going on (maybe scuba as it looks like they are wearing something)?