Food on three day LA - Ensenada cruise

TucsonRick

On the 03January sailing, the menu order was:

Sailaway

50th Anniversary

Landfall

Prime rib and duck were featured on the first night. The anniversary menu is usually used on formal nights on longer cruises and is very much to my taste - one of the best meals I've had in 35 years of sailing Princess. The last night was the Princess standard last night.

Did this same cruise. Sailed February 2nd. No lobster served.

I actually did have filet Mignon and lobster in Crown Grill the first night. The lobster was very poor.

I will agree with that (although I had mine in Sabatini's that trip.)

On the 03January sailing, the menu order was:

Sailaway

50th Anniversary

Landfall

Prime rib and duck were featured on the first night. The anniversary menu is usually used on formal nights on longer cruises and is very much to my taste - one of the best meals I've had in 35 years of sailing Princess. The last night was the Princess standard last night.

Here's a link to the 50th Anniversary dinner:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf

I sailed on the Golden for 3 days in November. The food was fantastic everywhere. From the Crown Grill to the buffet, to the IC, to the MDR. Very tasty and served hot. Then I cruised on the Crown Princess for 3 days in January. The food was mediocre at best and never hot, lukewarm at best. Try pasta served lukewarm - not so good.:eek::eek::eek:

There is prime rib served the first night in the MDR. I had it on the Crown Princess. I ordered medium and it came out rare. I sent it back and it came out well done and dry. I about 5 bites of it. In regards to lobster, it was good in the Crown Grill on both ships but better on the Golden. On the Golden it was sweet and very tender. On the Crown it was a little tougher and not quite as sweet, but good. Speaking of the Crown Grill, on the Golden my filet mignon was amazing, on the Crown not so much.

Who knows why these things happen. Must be the chef's at the time.

I totally agree with Michelle. I was on the Crown last week and was not impressed with the food in the MDR or Sabatini's in comparison to the Golden. The service in Sabatini's was great though. The Crown however, had the most comfortable beds, room service was prompt, and the ship seemed to be bright and clean with no noticeable wear.