Anyone have kids turn three onboard?

bearette

We are doing a NCL cruise in March but I can't get a straight answer if they will charge my kids the service fee (tip). Anyone have experience with this? I've been told at three they can use the kids club, but everyone says to check on board about the gratuity.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We are doing a NCL cruise in March but I can't get a straight answer if they will charge my kids the service fee (tip). Anyone have experience with this? I've been told at three they can use the kids club, but everyone says to check on board about the gratuity.

I cannot answer for NCL, but on RCI, gratuities are paid by everyone, including kids and infants. At three, kids can use kids club - I think if your child is turning three while on the cruise, you can talk to the kids club manager about getting her in after her birthday. Officially, the age you are when you board is your age for the entire cruise, but have heard that in your situation, they have allowed kids to use club after their birthday.

Hope this helps.

That is not true everyone pays on NCL which is why I am asking, on the cruise with them last year they didn't pay. No one will even answer because they do not want to give me wrong information.

I prepaid my service charge today and the lady on the phone told me that the system wouldn't let her charge my kids, so the answer is no they don't charge for them if this happens to anyone else.

Regardless your children cause extra work for your room attendants and service teams and those crew members deserve to be paid extra gratuities....

Evidently you didn't read what I wrote- it said their system would not let me. I'm sure I can on board, but according to the person I talked to she couldn't prepay. Please don't add your opinion to a fact finding mission as your comment came across very judgemental.

Your opinion is your opinion and it is your, but it doesn't mean it has to be mine.

To everyone tip how you feel comfortable and as service renders.

Evidently you didn't read what I wrote- it said their system would not let me. I'm sure I can on board, but according to the person I talked to she couldn't prepay. Please don't add your opinion to a fact finding mission as your comment came across very judgemental.

Your opinion is your opinion and it is your, but it doesn't mean it has to be mine.

To everyone tip how you feel comfortable and as service renders.

Judgemental .... I am only stating the facts. Your children DO create work for the service crew...

I prepaid my service charge today and the lady on the phone told me that the system wouldn't let her charge my kids, so the answer is no they don't charge for them if this happens to anyone else.

I'm glad you feel good about this....

• 2 weeks later...

My son left a mess in the room by doing things like soaking his sheets when he dropped his milk, so we left the room steward an extra tip on top of the gratuities he was already paying. I think that is a reasonable compromise - if the cruise line chooses not have young children pay gratuities, you can tip the people whom you think your child has created extra work for. We always tip extra in restaurants on land when I can't clean up the mess my kid made, or if the waitress is very attentive to a child's needs (bringing kids food quickly, warning us if dishes are hot)

Edited by kitkat343