Getaway Photo Review - Food Focus - Specialty Dining - Chef's Table - Viva Vino

megacruiser

Thank you very much for the time and effort put into this production! It is educational, informative and a touch whimsical. I enjoyed it very much. It appears there are many like me who are going to be new Norwegian cruisers and the information you have shared with us is invaluable.

This is probably the best review thread I've ever read here. Thank you so much for the effort. We sail in a few weeks on the Getaway in a Haven Aft Suite and I feel I've already combed every inch of the vessel.

Curious if this is the fleet wide wine list? They misspelled Schramsberg under the sparklers! C'mon NCL!

This is probably the best review thread I've ever read here. Thank you so much for the effort. We sail in a few weeks on the Getaway in a Haven Aft Suite and I feel I've already combed every inch of the vessel.

Curious if this is the fleet wide wine list? They misspelled Schramsberg under the sparklers! C'mon NCL!

We were just in an aft Haven suite in January and loved it! The second bathroom is a dream! :D

And the balcony was outstanding!! Enjoy!

It took me most of the day but I read through all the pages of your review and once again, thank you!!! We're booked on Escape in December 2015 so this was the closest I could find to relate to the Escape.

I might mention, being that we live in Miami, your description of the Metrorail Orange Line from the airport is right on. There is also a 'Metromover' in downtown Miami (about a block from the Brickell Metrorail station) that is FREE and goes directly to Bayfront Park. It is called the Brickell Loop and is quick and easy to get around downtown Miami. The Bayfront Park station is directly in front of the Intercontinental Hotel for those folks staying there.

Looking forward to your review of the Escape so we can compare notes.

Edited by Diver2014

Thanks thanks thanks! I loved this and also spent the better part of the day reading through everything. Every word. I loved it and appreciate your efforts. My family booked a Cruise on Getaway for May 2 on the spur of the moment yesterday and I felt very illl prepared. Now I have a much better idea about the entire proceedings. I will always be grateful!

A few queries....

1) is Vibe adults only?

2) is Spice h2o party adults only?

3) do you NEED to have table reservations for the MDR restaurants- Taste, Savour etc? Or is it reasonable to assume a table of 4 would be ready whenever we were?

4) the evening entertainment needs a pre-booking? Does it often "sell out"?

Thanks again for a monumental effort that is wholly appreciated!

Edited by tanyaewa

megacruiser-thank you for your in depth review and photos. You have sold me on the Vibe and LeBistro! This will be our second NCL cruise and your review has helped us decide on the Getaway!

Following every post-your efforts are much appreciated!

I am absolutely loving this review and photos and now cannot wait, even more, for our first NCL cruise in October with bated, and mouth watering, breath! Thank you so much.

Many thanks for your kind comment.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thank you very much for you're in-depth review, well of everything. The timing was perfect as we sail out at the beginning of May. Loved reading every post. Also considering booking The Getaway again next year as it will have a different itenerary. They really should pay you

Tom

Hello Tom, your kind comment is much appreciated. I am sure you will love Getaway. I certainly did and will be on Escape in January. I don't even know where it is sailing. :) Should be interesting to compare.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks for a lovely review....taking me right back onboard! DH and I were on this same cruise and were lucky enough to celebrate our anniversary in the Haven! :D

Everything you heard about it is true!! A wonderful experience from start to finish!

NCL has done a great job with this beautiful ship!

Oh how I loved Deck 8 inside, and the Waterfront outside... Wonderful!

Thanks and kind regards

megacruiser

I just finished reading your total review of the Getaway. It was so enjoyable and helpful. Loved the pictures. We will be on the Getaway April 25. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was wonderful!!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Your enthusiasm is very generous.

Many thanks

megacruiser

Great job. I booked the Getaway for next year after seeing your review.

As I said to the Staff Captain at the Chef's Table on Quantum: "Better watch out - NCL are snapping at your heels". What a transformation from the mid noughties!

With all the recent controversy over additional charges, I really would be interested to know which cruise lines offer a better balance between quality and value for money.

Suggestions welcomed... :)

Thanks for commenting.

megacruiser

Thanks to new2crus and tunaman2011, for letting me know that I missed the Day 6 Dinner Menu.

Day 6 Dinner Menu...

Dining%20Day%206%20Dinner%20menu-8409_zpsgaosiylx.jpg

Hi Megacruiser, thanks so much for this awesome review - it is helping me plan so much!

One question...this day 6 MDR menu is the same as what you posted for day 5. Do you have the day 6 menu? It should be the chocoholics night menu with all deserts being made with chocolate. Thanks!!

Hi Megacruiser, thanks so much for this awesome review - it is helping me plan so much!

One question...this day 6 MDR menu is the same as what you posted for day 5. Do you have the day 6 menu? It should be the chocoholics night menu with all deserts being made with chocolate. Thanks!!

Hello sed610,

Thanks for commenting. I am so sorry that I posted the Day 5 menu twice. I have now gone through all my photos again and identified my mistake. I will now post below the correct Day 6 Dinner Menu.

Sincere apologies to all for any confusion caused.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Dining%20MDR%20Dinner%20Day%206-_zpsgawboyz6.jpg

Hello sed610,

Thanks for commenting. I am so sorry that I posted the Day 5 menu twice. I have now gone through all my photos again and identified my mistake. I will now post below the correct Day 6 Dinner Menu.

Sincere apologies to all for any confusion caused.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Dining%20MDR%20Dinner%20Day%206-_zpsgawboyz6.jpg

You're the best! Thanks so much :)

Hello MandyMommyof2,

Many thanks for commenting. I am delighted you are going to be following my review and really appreciate hearing from those who will be doing so. Let's me know the level of interest.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Love your review,,,enjoying it greatly!

That's all for now folks. I am writing this review as I go and in between work commitments. I appreciate your patience if there are occasional delays. Next time I will finish day one, including the sailaway from Miami and the Illusionarium dinner show.

If you decide to follow my review please take the time to type the word following, as this let's me gauge whether what I am posting is of interest. I will also try to answer any questions.

Many thanks

megacruiser

Following!! :)

Fantastic! I have worked my way through this thread page-by-page reading this awesome review. Great photos and wonderful information... Thank you for this review.

Many thanks for taking the time to comment and for the generous compliment.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thank you very much for the time and effort put into this production! It is educational, informative and a touch whimsical. I enjoyed it very much. It appears there are many like me who are going to be new Norwegian cruisers and the information you have shared with us is invaluable.

"Whimsical" in a good sense, I hope... Many thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Many thanks for your very kind comments.

Cheers!

megacruiser