Breakaway and booking shows

ARI421

I know I am stressing out way more about my upcoming trip on the breakaway than I should be but I am hearing so much conflicting info that I don't know what to do! I started out cruising carnival and am very used to eating when they tell me and than the early or late show depending on your dinner time. This will be my third ncl cruise was on the gem and dawn, I am a big planner though so I would decide every am at breakfast what time to eat and what shows to see, planning on a computer before I even get on the ship and not knowing what else is going on is seriously stressing me out, than I hear lots of contradicting things like you should definately book now or you will be stand by, which would really stress me, others say it's fine book on the ship! I went to book the cirque show for the first night because I read there was a discount but when I called ncl to confirm she told me nope.. Anyone recently on the breakaway want to give me some advice before my poor husband throws me into a snow bank!! Thanks!

I know I am stressing out way more about my upcoming trip on the breakaway than I should be but I am hearing so much conflicting info that I don't know what to do! I started out cruising carnival and am very used to eating when they tell me and than the early or late show depending on your dinner time. This will be my third ncl cruise was on the gem and dawn, I am a big planner though so I would decide every am at breakfast what time to eat and what shows to see, planning on a computer before I even get on the ship and not knowing what else is going on is seriously stressing me out, than I hear lots of contradicting things like you should definately book now or you will be stand by, which would really stress me, others say it's fine book on the ship! I went to book the cirque show for the first night because I read there was a discount but when I called ncl to confirm she told me nope.. Anyone recently on the breakaway want to give me some advice before my poor husband throws me into a snow bank!! Thanks!

The discount is if you brought the Ultimate Dining Plan - that when the 1st night is free for Cirque. If you didn't buy it, its the full price.

If you're planning to see Cirque the 1st night, definitely book online before going. Otherwise it ok to book on the ship for the cirque. Now the Rock of Ages, Burn the floor and Second city are a different story - Book now online or you'll be lucky to get in. That was my personal observation when I was on the Breakaway last year, I was lucky to see those because I reserved them online , if I did the reservations on the ship I would never would have the chance to see them.

When do the shows become able to book online? Also, traveling with others can you book for them also at the same time you book your own like you can on RCCL? Thanks ahead. :)

Dunno about booking system on RCCL but you can book for more people online or on the ship. You're able to book online 90 days before the start of the trip if you're not in a suite / Haven, for those, I believe its 100 days but I'm not sure.

Dunno about booking system on RCCL but you can book for more people online or on the ship. You're able to book online 90 days before the start of the trip if you're not in a suite / Haven, for those, I believe its 100 days but I'm not sure.

Excellent, thank you. :)

About how long is the Rock of Ages show? We have a 6:30 reservation for the show. I would prefer to eat afterwards and am not sure what time to make reservations. I made reservations for a different night for Burn the Floor for 7. About how long is that show please?

We are a family of 7, 2 rooms, and I could book us for dinner, to book entertainment, I had to open up each reservation, and book everyone individually.

When we were on the BA, we got a discount booking the cirque show the first night - has that changed?

I feel your pain, I like to be a little organized and this is kind of stressing me out also. I did book ahead for my dinner and shows and still could not always get the times that I wanted .I couldn't get into Ocean Blue at all and I made my res a month ago

When do the shows become able to book online? Also, traveling with others can you book for them also at the same time you book your own like you can on RCCL? Thanks ahead. :)

only if you have their reservation number and credit card number if there is a charge

We are a family of 7, 2 rooms, and I could book us for dinner, to book entertainment, I had to open up each reservation, and book everyone individually.

When we were on the BA, we got a discount booking the cirque show the first night - has that changed?

If I'm not mistaken, the show is free the 1st night if you brought the UDP.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken, the show is free the 1st night if you brought the UDP.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand this. However, in the past, those booking without the UDP would get a discount for booking this show in the first night.

About how long is the Rock of Ages show? We have a 6:30 reservation for the show. I would prefer to eat afterwards and am not sure what time to make reservations. I made reservations for a different night for Burn the Floor for 7. About how long is that show please?

Rock of Ages is about 1 hour and 30 mins. We also had a 6:30PM show and made the dinner reservation for 8:30PM.

Burn the Floor is about 1 hour. We had the 7PM show and made dinner reservation for 8:30PM.

I sailed on the Breakaway in January and was similarly stressed about reservations. I eventually did get it all straightened out ( I had a late excursion, conflicting with dinner - but I couldn't move dinner because it would conflict with one of the shows! After moving EVERYTHING around, when we boarded, there were 2 notices in the room that the schedule for certain shows changed and so they moved my reservations! So much for all my stressing! After that, I've decided to never again be so crazed about booking until I'm on board.

Rock of Ages is about 1 hour and 30 mins. We also had a 6:30PM show and made the dinner reservation for 8:30PM.

Burn the Floor is about 1 hour. We had the 7PM show and made dinner reservation for 8:30PM.

Thank you so much. That is very helpful.

After the shows, allow 15 minutes to make your way thru the crowds and to the dining room, it's a long walk, especially to the non-specialty ones. If you reserved ahead, they will hold your booking & release it after 15 minutes for those walk-up without a reservation.

Burn the Floor ran a little longer for some reasons for our sailing last year & we're hustling like rabbits on fire to get to AFT dining.