Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

The latest update from the Captain is no progress or ETA.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aib4ie6kgv4bus9/captain2.m4a?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my company's tankers is anchored out near you, and another is stuck in the port. Marine Traffic showed you underway a while ago, but signal now blocked by other ships, maybe just "pacing back and forth" waiting?

Reading along as I am curious when the Brilliance will be able to come into port. I feel sorry for all those on the ship who probably will have to rebook a flight again and those waiting to board....

Looking at the Port Tampa Webcam and all I can see it..... grey. Doesn't look good

Cindy

Edited by sg1phileshipper

4b56bd54359450514884e7cfe47f9744.jpg The current fog from the ship. I do stand corrected I just pulled up the voyage map and we are moving at 4.4 knots right now. So slowly but hopefully a good sign.

Edited by T2B2

I wonder at what point they will be concerned about running low on food, etc?

They claimed to have 4-5 days of extra provisions. It makes sense since they have deep freezers and have thaw and stage process on the ship. I don't know about fuel reserves, but hopefully won't be an issue.

There hasn't been any issue with food services it has been very full featured these extra 30 hours so far including bar services.

They claimed to have 4-5 days of extra provisions. It makes sense since they have deep freezers and have thaw and stage process on the ship. I don't know about fuel reserves, but hopefully won't be an issue.

There hasn't been any issue with food services it has been very full featured these extra 30 hours so far including bar services.

I've been on the behind the scenes tours on several different ships. They carry plenty of extra/emergency provisions. If anything, you may see a specific item run low, but nobody will go hungry!

Made it back to the stateroom and where are going nowhere. I think the captain just wanted to play along with us so he is doing an "O" waiting for the ship to wake up and say H-I-O.

d6290f8ee74ac7620ca874bd5e8ce560.jpg

T2B2, I bet when you boarded BOS a few days ago you never imagined you'd be doing a "live" from the Brilliance series did you?

Thanks for the posts & awesome pictures, hope you make it in safely today!

I may be wrong, but has this ever happened here in Tampa before? I mean a ship being closed over this long? I know there have been delays before, I just don't remember one this long...

I've been on the behind the scenes tours on several different ships. They carry plenty of extra/emergency provisions. If anything, you may see a specific item run low, but nobody will go hungry!

Yes, some of the high end items may run low, but there will be plenty of food available. The boxes are no where near empty (though pretty low) when turn-around happens.

As for fuel, even on those turnarounds when they fuel, they will have enough fuel to nearly complete another cruise. While she was anchored out there, she would have been on the diesel generator, so only burning maybe 30mt per day. She can last quite a while more, even if they've got one gas turbine idling now for slow steaming.

T2B2, I bet when you boarded BOS a few days ago you never imagined you'd be doing a "live" from the Brilliance series did you?

Thanks for the posts & awesome pictures, hope you make it in safely today!

I may be wrong, but has this ever happened here in Tampa before? I mean a ship being closed over this long? I know there have been delays before, I just don't remember one this long...

Nope sure didn't but it has helped pass the time and if helps those stuck in port waiting on our arrival all the better. I have enjoyed the time at sea but looking forward to Terra Firma again.

It looks like you are starting to move. Yes, thank you for the updates. It's been very interesting for us.

This is also the foggy season. It's brief, but can cause so many problems.

Yep we backtracked a bit from the other ships we were anchored by and just started doing donuts in the Gulf. We are doing a circle about every 10 minutes. Making the navigation plot look really interesting.

I just hope the players and Coach Meyer don't get hounded by press as we get off over how the delay affected them.

following along since yesterday.

Has anyone seen anything on cc from anyone in Tampa?? The roll call thread hasn't been updated and haven't seen anything else. Wonder if Royal help any of those people get hotels?? Or how crazy was it trying to get their luggage back??

I know you can't predict or change the weather, but would still be a big disappointment. We sail the Brilliance in April.

If the next cruise gets cancelled would they refund everyone the money, with or without trip insurance? If it takes all day for the BOTS to get back to port I wonder how that will effect the next few sailings.

As you can see I will be getting on her soon and just wondering how that would work...