THEY'RE BACK ... And GONE

kteachcruiser52

I just did!;) I think they're trying to clown us with the limited availability. Either sell them or don't!!![/quoteI wonder if Carnival gives them a discount on the cards. perhaps Verizon gives us 10%, but Carnival gives Verizon a discount - say 2%. If that is the case Carnival would put a limit on the $ amount of gift cards Verizon could sell in a specific time frame. If Verizon was paying Carnival the whole 10% they are giving us, there would be no reason to limit the cards. Just guessing.

I don't know but I emailed Carnival about these gift cards before and they said it was up to Verizon's fulfillment center as to when they make them available and that the non-availability before was a security issue with Verizon. I tend to believe that part only because once they became available again, they were no longer ecards but physical cards that had to be mailed.

But who knows now. I was surprised the $500 cards sold out almost as quickly as the $100 ones last week. When I called them this afternoon, all the lady said was that they get them but they sell out fast. I really wanted to complain more than I did, but she was so nice. Sounded like one of my aunt's. I just couldn't do it:D

I'm too late again. I randomly decided to check a little bit ago and noticed they were on there for the $500 and SOLD OUT.

Grrr, I feel like I'll never get one unless I stay logged in, at my computer, and refreshing the screen over and over all day. So frustrating. :(

In reality, Verizon is not even the one selling the reward based items.

If you read the terms of service, the whole rewards things is operated by the 'Program Manager' which is Destination Rewards, Inc

I am sure either one is not purposely trying to 'screw' anyone by making the Carnival gift cards un-available.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/smart-rewards-legal/

I say don't even bother messing with it. They've charged my card before but then told me they were out of stock so I had to wait a week for my $450 to go back into my bank account. Wasn't happy. Not worth the hassle.