Asia April 2017 ?

jer99

My wife and I just finished our first cruise in the western carribean with Celebrity and loved it!

So we signed up for an ASIAN cruise from Hong Kong to Japan in April 2017. The ship is going to be the Millennium.

I know it's a bit early, but I looked at some of the reviews and it sounds more horrendous than good. I've read about toilet smells, not working, etc.

What are the folks' here opinion. Should we look for another cruise line, stay with it, or, just forget Asia altogether.

I sure would be interested in opinions from people with experience in Asia and Celebrity...

Jerry

We spent 37 days on millennium in 2013 sailing from Hong Kong to Vancouver. We had Noro (didn't get this) and a respiratory virus which did impair the cruise for me but this is not the fault of the ship. The ports were great. Hong Kong is wonderful and we love any port in Japan. We had the best room stewards on Millennium that we have had anywhere. The food in the MDR on the first segment was wonderful. Second and third segments we were in Blu and it was awesome. We are booked for 44 days on her in Mar 2016, Singapore to Vancouver.

I would say book your cruise and enjoy.

We did a transpacific on Millennium a few years ago and loved it. We love Japan and enjoyed visiting Russia. China was great too, but the air was a serious problem. My husband has COPD and it took him weeks to get over the air in Shanghai. I did not like the 23 hour days. One is bad, a series of them is horrible. We couldn't figure out why we kept sleeping too late for breakfast (not that we starved). Even when we figured out the problem, we still had to deal with it and the fact that the sun stayed up until 11 at night. I'm really glad we took the trip, but I won't do it again.

We love the Millennium and we're looking forward to being on her again next year.

My wife and I just finished our first cruise in the western carribean with Celebrity and loved it!

So we signed up for an ASIAN cruise from Hong Kong to Japan in April 2017. The ship is going to be the Millennium.

I know it's a bit early, but I looked at some of the reviews and it sounds more horrendous than good. I've read about toilet smells, not working, etc.

What are the folks' here opinion. Should we look for another cruise line, stay with it, or, just forget Asia altogether.

I sure would be interested in opinions from people with experience in Asia and Celebrity...

Jerry

I'll let you know my opinion on board...I think we have that one booked as well. We were B2B on the millenium out of singapore a year ago and we've been on the infinity three or four times since. No worries....

I see you are overnight in Kobe. I hope it will not be too late to see the cherry blossoms. Someone told us to be sure to see them at night. They are backlit and people picnic beneath them, everyone having a marvelous time. They are beautiful during the day, but they are spectacular at night.

I'm feeling a whole lot better. I knew I could count on folks here. I wish I would have known about this earlier than a week before my last cruise.

Are there any side trips that you would not miss, or skip?

For example, we took the Mayan ruins side trip in Belize and while good, I should have taken the Costa Rica Rain Forest instead.

We love oriental items. We are extremely excited.... I hope our time until the cruise goes faster than the time ON the cruise. The last cruise seemed to go by so fast!

4774 pappa,

Let me know how you like it - I'm really anxious to hear.

I'm feeling a whole lot better. I knew I could count on folks here. I wish I would have known about this earlier than a week before my last cruise.

Are there any side trips that you would not miss, or skip?

For example, we took the Mayan ruins side trip in Belize and while good, I should have taken the Costa Rica Rain Forest instead.

We love oriental items. We are extremely excited.... I hope our time until the cruise goes faster than the time ON the cruise. The last cruise seemed to go by so fast!

4774 pappa,

Let me know how you like it - I'm really anxious to hear.

I always post an extensive review on cruise critic.