Speciality restaurants on QV

Sophistikatie

Hi Sophistikatie , During lunch on the first day of embarkation one can ask the duty Lido Maitre d' for a print out of the dates of the various menus for the 'Lido Alternative' for your entire voyage/cruise.

Useful for planing your evenings if you don't want to miss any formal evenings.

:)

Oh thats great!

Looking forward particularly to sushi at sea a couple of nights hopefully :)

We loved the special venues on QV. We enjoyed each of them, Lotus twice. Be sure to order the beverage pairings. With the Pan Asian, there was a sake pairing. 5 sakes. Hot, cold, dessert. Others have 5 wines. At the time we were aboard, the beverage pairing was $15. A bargain. :D

Oh wow that sounds great! :) Looking forward to the speciality restaurants more than the fine dining if I am honest! Are the speciality dining buffet style too?

They were table service when we were aboard. Excellent service too.

Oh wow that sounds great! :) Looking forward to the speciality restaurants more than the fine dining if I am honest! Are the speciality dining buffet style too?

No It's table service (and of course $15 pp )

Just to add, the Q.Vic has just had a refit, not too sure what time of the year or the itinerary you have chosen

but there is now a new addition to the Alternative dining when the ship is in warm weather, 'Alfresco evening dining' (aft of deck 9) I understand this is part table service and part buffet. (again at $15 pp )

Edited by Bell Boy

Oh thats great!

Looking forward particularly to sushi at sea a couple of nights hopefully :)

On a couple of our cruises, once on QE and once on QV, there were large groups of Asian passengers on board and sushi was available on the buffet every day, lunch and dinner.

Regards, Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone currently on board QV who's tried out the alternate dining options? Any reviews? And have they offered the alfresco option? I'd love to read about it.

We are boarding in LA on April 6 so we are looking forward to trying alternatives as well as enjoying the MDR. The weather should be good for alfresco so we'd love to try if its available.

Is there anyone currently on board QV who's tried out the alternate dining options? Any reviews? And have they offered the alfresco option? I'd love to read about it.

We are boarding in LA on April 6 so we are looking forward to trying alternatives as well as enjoying the MDR. The weather should be good for alfresco so we'd love to try if its available.

I'm just bumping this to see if anyone on board or recently on board QV can answer my questions. :)