Crossing from UK to Cape Liberty

jgsmfh73

Can anybody advise me please?

We are thinking of booking Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas from Southampton to Cape Liberty at end October 2015.

What can we expect in terms of weather etc? Not convinced about 8 days on board if the weather is going to be bad! Don't expect to be sunbathing around the pool but would like to think we might be able to go on deck without being blown away.

We have cruised many times before but always the Med or the Caribbean but never the Atlantic crossing.

Any experiences of crossing the Atlantic this late in the year would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi,

I've done many crossings at various times of the year and have only had bad weather a couple of times. Even then it wasn't for the whole crossing.

September was fine... pool weather etc and November was chilly, but calm. My first ever cruise was Southampton to NYC in September 2003 - flat calm and sunny all the way.

I was tempted by this crossing on Anthem myself, but decided on a land holiday (Florida) instead!

You should book it! Just remember you are crossing an Ocean! It's a great adventure and I think the unpredictable weather adds to the experience.

I was on the Quantum maiden on the same itinerary and same time of the year. Expect temps in the 50s most of the time. It was warm enough some days to use the Flowrider. Seas varied from dead calm to 20+ft. It rained a couple of days. Basically you can get just about anything.

As far as booking, I wouldn't until after final payment - prices are bound to drop for this somewhat undesireable itinerary.

I was on the Quantum maiden on the same itinerary and same time of the year. Expect temps in the 50s most of the time. It was warm enough some days to use the Flowrider. Seas varied from dead calm to 20+ft. It rained a couple of days. Basically you can get just about anything.

As far as booking, I wouldn't until after final payment - prices are bound to drop for this somewhat undesireable itinerary.

I tend to agree with this, depending on desired stateroom. Suite prices will probably rise, but other categories might show some very good deals.