GF Johnney Rockets

I can't say about gluten free, but they do have a kids menu!

Grilled cheese, hot dogs, etc! My DS8 had a grilled cheese and a real cheeseburger. The waitress was really funny and didn't believe that he could eat it all - of course - he did!

And all of the burgers can be made to order - so you don't have to get all of the fixings!

I assume that is all kids- my kid is not 2 yet...

AND to anyone else- I would like to know about the GF options still. Thanks.

For most specialty restaurants - kids 5 and under are free as long as they order off the kids menu (the Sabor kids menu was perfect for both my 4 and 8 year old! Still Mexican but more kid friendly - less spicy etc)

I don't know if that applies for JR. My 4 year old would still have had to pay there but it's possible that a toddler might not?

You can get GF buns in JR but it might be a good idea to let them know you are coming.

On Adventure I had told them I would be dining there that evening but on arrival they were totally unprepared. After waiting for ages I gave up and headed to the MDR (My Time). By the time I got there the Head Waiter had been appraised of the circumstances (a whole other story) and the JR meal was delivered to me in the MDR much to the amusement of those on neighbouring tables.

IMG_0934.jpg

They delivered a milkshake as well

IMG_0935.jpg

I recently emailed special_needs@rccl.com to advise them about my GF needs on my upcoming cruise.

FYI copying you in on their response....

------------

Thank you for contacting us with this information.

We have received your notice regarding your food needs and will forward the information to the ship. We are pleased to advise you that Royal Caribbean International now offers Gluten Free meals as a standard offering on our menu in the main dining room. By speaking with your head waiter in the dining room your needs will be communicated to the galley and an open line of communication will be established among everyone concerned.

Once on board please meet with one of the Restaurant Managers to review the menus and identify those items that need to be modified or avoided. They will be happy to assist you and will forward your concerns and needs to the galley. All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production. Please note that if you choose to go into the other restaurants other than the Main Dining Room please meet with the Manager for that particular restaurant to go over the food items with you regarding your food allergies before eating. Guests are allowed to bring on their own supply of dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley).

It is also recommended that they refrain from eating in the buffet areas, as they are self serve and can not guarantee it will be free of cross contamination.

I recently emailed special_needs@rccl.com to advise them about my GF needs on my upcoming cruise.

FYI copying you in on their response....

------------

Thank you for contacting us with this information.

We have received your notice regarding your food needs and will forward the information to the ship. We are pleased to advise you that Royal Caribbean International now offers Gluten Free meals as a standard offering on our menu in the main dining room. By speaking with your head waiter in the dining room your needs will be communicated to the galley and an open line of communication will be established among everyone concerned.

Once on board please meet with one of the Restaurant Managers to review the menus and identify those items that need to be modified or avoided. They will be happy to assist you and will forward your concerns and needs to the galley. All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production. Please note that if you choose to go into the other restaurants other than the Main Dining Room please meet with the Manager for that particular restaurant to go over the food items with you regarding your food allergies before eating. Guests are allowed to bring on their own supply of dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley).

It is also recommended that they refrain from eating in the buffet areas, as they are self serve and can not guarantee it will be free of cross contamination.

So- what is funny to me about this email (I received it too) is that the main dining room is not open for lunch 5 days of my cruise- am I supposed to not eat lunch during those days... I will be bringing my own crackers which I learned after my last Disney cruise- so much beautiful cheese and no cracker with which to eat them.

So- what is funny to me about this email (I received it too) is that the main dining room is not open for lunch 5 days of my cruise- am I supposed to not eat lunch during those days... I will be bringing my own crackers which I learned after my last Disney cruise- so much beautiful cheese and no cracker with which to eat them.

Don't get me started....

GF Pizza maybe? Did that on Oasis.

At breakfast ask them for a plate of GF Muffins to go.

I'm insensitive as opposed to allergic so manage ok in WJ. You will find them very accommodating; speak to a chef, ask what is available and ask what can they prepare for you for lunch and / or dinner.

Depends on the ship there will be other venues for you to eat on a shore day if you don't eat ashore.

Heh- good point! My son is little and we have kept him away from fries so far. And burgers without the bun might be okay actually.

When you sit down at JRs, they are going to bring you a GIANT plate of fries and onion rings with ranch dressing, and then make a plate of ketchup that looks like a smiley face and put it infront of you (most likely infront of your son!). I would not go there if you were planning to keep him away from French fries. There is not an alternative for side dishes that I noticed - not like McDonald's where you can get yogurt or Apple slices instead.

Just off Indy on GF diet. They were excellent.:)

I am not super gluten sensitive but they will cater to you if you are.

I don't know about JR but I did order fries in the MDR at lunch and it took some time. They could get the WJ GF buns. The WJ fries have flour on them. So, best to tell them way ahead of time.

I ordered dinner from the regular menu the night before. Worked well even on our B2Bs for Day 1 of next cruise. They would bring me a variety of breads, if I wished.

In the MDR I got GF bread toasted for breakfast.

In the WJ they have bread and packaged hamburger buns to ask for.

Muffins 2 types, are available too, I think more in the AM as I found them in Sorentos' in the evening and he said they were from the AM.

Sorento's have GF pizza but it needs to go through the oven more than 1 time, almost 3 times for the way I like it.

P. Cafe and Sorento's have 2 types of UDI packaged cookies. Just ask

WJ has a cake for dessert in the fridge cabinet at the Dessert section. Ask for it. It was either a moist chocolate cake or white cake and both were very good!!!

Edited by CVU

GF bread is something else to not get me started on.

Inedible untoasted mostly. With a texture not dissimilar, I imagine, to how Amazon packaging tastes. Chef on Freedom has it sussed with a wide choice on offer including savoury varieties.

You can get GF pasta in the MDR. And the savoury bites will be served along with all the other rolls at dinner but they are yummy..

I've read they are made with potato flour. As they are baked with all the other bread they are not officially GF. My servers will often refuse to serve me them but the cross contamination doesn't appear to affect me.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Muffins were mini and chocolate or blueberry? Perhaps like the WJ cake there are different kinds for different days.

The bread was a variety too. 3 types. White, seeded and focaccia bread.

GF bread is something else to not get me started on.

Inedible untoasted mostly. With a texture not dissimilar, I imagine, to how Amazon packaging tastes. Chef on Freedom has it sussed with a wide choice on offer including savoury varieties.

You can get GF pasta in the MDR. And the savoury bites will be served along with all the other rolls at dinner but they are yummy..

I've read they are made with potato flour. As they are baked with all the other bread they are not officially GF. My servers will often refuse to serve me them but the cross contamination doesn't appear to affect me.

Thanks. I love the savory bites.