Rollout of 50th Anniversary Events / Menus

trabeler

The latest loyalty magazine highlights a lot of interesting 50th anniversary activities, special menus, etc and says it will be rolled out in "early 2015".

Has anyone seen a rollout schedule or know if this has already been rolled out across the fleet? I searched around here and on the Princess site and haven't been able to find any info.

We'll be on Star Princess in a couple weeks and were wondering if these items were already in place. Would be nice to have a few different things on our next sailing...

The latest loyalty magazine highlights a lot of interesting 50th anniversary activities, special menus, etc and says it will be rolled out in "early 2015".

Has anyone seen a rollout schedule or know if this has already been rolled out across the fleet? I searched around here and on the Princess site and haven't been able to find any info.

We'll be on Star Princess in a couple weeks and were wondering if these items were already in place. Would be nice to have a few different things on our next sailing...

Have seen several posts where they are already out.

Had them on the Emerald 2 weeks ago.

I really like the new food choices, also they are a little hard to read.

Probably used to the old ones. :rolleyes:

In early January on a 3-day getaway cruise on the Crown they had the Seawitch IPA, 50th logo all around the ship, souvenirs, chocolate desserts and the anniversary dinner (http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf). Being a short cruise they may not have had enough time for the other anniversary activities.

Earlier this month on the Crown, they had a special dinner one night in the dining room, also offered special chocolate desserts, and were selling special 50th items in the gift shops. The balloon drop was late (10:30 I believe) and I didn't bother

In early January on a 3-day getaway cruise on the Crown they had the Seawitch IPA, 50th logo all around the ship, souvenirs, chocolate desserts and the anniversary dinner (http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf). Being a short cruise they may not have had enough time for the other anniversary activities.

Looks like what we saw on Crown in early February. It was only a 4 day cruise though. If they are going to do a bunch of other stuff I expect to see it in September when we do the 17 day PC cruise.

Unfotunately, the posted menu doesn't show the other side. I skipped the 60's/70's duck terrine and mushroom soup and opted for the risotto cakes on that side of the menu. There were three small cake that were wonderful. After my comments, the others at our table each requested an order. They were one of the highlights of the meal for all of us! The ossobucco agnolotti are like a ravioli and were also outstanding. All four of us had the beef tournedos which was also a nice piece of beef. The chocolate journeys dessert looked pretty but was a disappointment. Thankfully I had also ordered the Grand Marnier soufflé which was also on the right side of the menu so the meal ended in great shape. I found the 50th anniversary menu very enjoyable.

You'll find out soon enough!

Unfotunately, the posted menu doesn't show the other side. I skipped the 60's/70's duck terrine and mushroom soup and opted for the risotto cakes on that side of the menu. There were three small cake that were wonderful. After my comments, the others at our table each requested an order. They were one of the highlights of the meal for all of us! The ossobucco agnolotti are like a ravioli and were also outstanding. All four of us had the beef tournedos which was also a nice piece of beef. The chocolate journeys dessert looked pretty but was a disappointment. Thankfully I had also ordered the Grand Marnier soufflé which was also on the right side of the menu so the meal ended in great shape. I found the 50th anniversary menu very enjoyable.

Brian, that is still the Princess website's link to their 50th Anniversary menu & someone goofed by not showing the other side but the same side twice. :confused: It was part of their 50th anniversary page: http://www.princess.com/50th-anniversary/celebrations-onboard/

I clicked on their "Feedback" tab to report this problem & hopefully it'll be corrected.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I was on Star Princess on Jan 3 for 10 -days and they did have the menu items but we got not one thing with the 50 anniversary and just the regular plastic bag in room. I have a canvas one from them for their 25th that I like.

All the 50th anniversary logo items were very expensive in the gift shop and I think we should have received maybe on drink or shot glass as some of the first guest of their anniversary year. The tiny drink glasses were about $18.