How long to get from Baltimore cruise pier to airport?

mitsugirly

How long does it normally take on debarkation day (assuming you could get off the ship fairly early) would it take to get to the airport and what is the earliest flight out that would be safe?

We were originally going to drive here, but the hubby is having a fit. I keep hearing "Dear, 6+ hours versus 1 hr, what do you think I want to do???" LOL

So, my dilemma is what time to book a flight back home and the time it would take to get to the airport.

This time we will be on Carnival and we have the FTTF, so could get off asap (I believe) and head to the airport. I "normally" book a flight around noon (from NOLA, FLL or Miami) and have always arrived with a few hours to spare doing this. Yuck.

This time, my only option is 10:25 or wait until 2pm. :(

Thoughts and comments? I need to make a decision fairly soon.

How long does it normally take on debarkation day (assuming you could get off the ship fairly early) would it take to get to the airport and what is the earliest flight out that would be safe?

We were originally going to drive here, but the hubby is having a fit. I keep hearing "Dear, 6+ hours versus 1 hr, what do you think I want to do???" LOL

So, my dilemma is what time to book a flight back home and the time it would take to get to the airport.

This time we will be on Carnival and we have the FTTF, so could get off asap (I believe) and head to the airport. I "normally" book a flight around noon (from NOLA, FLL or Miami) and have always arrived with a few hours to spare doing this. Yuck.

This time, my only option is 10:25 or wait until 2pm. :(

Thoughts and comments? I need to make a decision fairly soon.

When Carnival returns and stays with their old arrival time she should dock around 9 am then the ship needs to clear customs and immigration before disembarking passengers.

I would not chance a 10:25 flight.

You are approximately a 15 to 20 minute drive to airport.Then you have to go through the security which can be quite long at times.

Good luck on your decision.

Oh I did not realize they don't dock until 9am. I'm use to docking around 7am and they usually start letting people off before 8am cruising out of the southern ports. Good to know.

Thanks for the info. Yea, I don't think we'll be risking that. I'll have to find something to do for about....4 hours. :eek: :p

I see you started a new thread with your questions! I'm surprised there aren't more of them dedicated to Baltimore.

You could take a short 10 minute cab ride from the port to the Inner Harbor and do some sightseeing to waste time. The weather is iffy in April but it may, hopefully, be nice enough to walk around. If not, you could check out Port Discovery, which is about a 15-20 minute cab ride from the port. It's a kid's museum and fairly easy to navigate in 2-4 hours. The National Aquarium or the MD Science Center are also options but they are expensive, in my mind, for only a few hours worth of visiting time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see you started a new thread with your questions! I'm surprised there aren't more of them dedicated to Baltimore.

You could take a short 10 minute cab ride from the port to the Inner Harbor and do some sightseeing to waste time. The weather is iffy in April but it may, hopefully, be nice enough to walk around. If not, you could check out Port Discovery, which is about a 15-20 minute cab ride from the port. It's a kid's museum and fairly easy to navigate in 2-4 hours. The National Aquarium or the MD Science Center are also options but they are expensive, in my mind, for only a few hours worth of visiting time.

Thanks for the tips on things to do. However, we will have our luggage with us, so I don't think it is possible to do anything after the cruise like this.

Is the Baltimore airport interesting? LOL I know some airports we have been to have a small indoor playground for kids and places to eat and so on. How's the airport here?

Which airline are you on? The Southwest terminal is updated with a lot of stores and restaurants. There's even a big food court. I don't remember seeing a kids area there but there is one in the Delta terminal, I think. I usually fly SWA out of BWI. It's been a few years since I've been in other terminals.

Which airline are you on? The Southwest terminal is updated with a lot of stores and restaurants. There's even a big food court. I don't remember seeing a kids area there but there is one in the Delta terminal, I think. I usually fly SWA out of BWI. It's been a few years since I've been in other terminals.

We will be on Southwest so this is good news. Thanks for the info. :)

Are you able to walk to the Delta terminal from there? (Just wondering since I have been to ones that you can't and possibly located in a different building).

After flying out of BWI and experiencing their security and baggage handling processes, I'd take a six hour drive. ymmv

Oh gosh. You can't type a statement like that and not spill it...what happened and how worried should I be? :confused: :eek:

I think if you keep in mind that BWI is a major hub for Southwest and at times the lines at security can be long and plan accordingly.

Remember though even if you are flying out of terminal A for example you can go to the security check point at terminal B or C as they now interconnect . I think terminal D may be included but you should ask.

I think if you keep in mind that BWI is a major hub for Southwest and at times the lines at security can be long and plan accordingly.

Remember though even if you are flying out of terminal A for example you can go to the security check point at terminal B or C as they now interconnect . I think terminal D may be included but you should ask.

We have a good 4+ hours to wait on our flight. :eek: I think we'll be good and I'll be in no hurry. :p