Amazing Amsterdam, a Photo Review of our 3 day precruise stay

I enjoyed your great photos and interesting reports about Amsterdam.

That last windmill along the canal is not too far from the place we live, we often go to the canal to see cruiseboats sailing there.

Just 2 small remarks. You mention the Hilton, but the hotel you were is Doubletree (yes by Hilton). To avoid confusion, the ""real"" Hilton is in Amsterdam south.

I always tell people to book the Anne Frankhuis online (as soon as possible) s they can skip the long lines, since there is a special entrance for people holding reservations.

Thanks so much for your pictorial review with great comments. We will be there in May for 2 nights before our Uniworld River Cruise. Thanks Ine for letting us know that was the Doubletree, because that is where we are staying. Looks like there are great views from the hotel.

We already have Anne Frank tickets as well as Van Gogh tickets. Your pics are making it hard to decide what we really have time to see.

Any restaurants recommendations near the Central Station/Doubletree area?

Thanks so much for your pictorial review with great comments. We will be there in May for 2 nights before our Uniworld River Cruise. Thanks Ine for letting us know that was the Doubletree, because that is where we are staying. Looks like there are great views from the hotel.

We already have Anne Frank tickets as well as Van Gogh tickets. Your pics are making it hard to decide what we really have time to see.

Any restaurants recommendations near the Central Station/Doubletree area?

Just got back from two nights at the Doubletree and if you are into Thai food there is a great Thai restaurant called Little Prince about a six minute walk from the hotel

Edited by Zach1213

Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos and comments. We will be visiting Amsterdam for the first time in 10 weeks. Your review was a great source of information. We had a look at your Istanbul report as well - we were there before a cruise 4 years ago and just loved reading your report. Great memories. Judy & Neil Australia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We live on St. Simons as well.

I wonder how many other cc posters live on our island?

Hello 4774Papa,

I would bet there are more than just the 2 of us!

Give my regards to Miss Bunny Marie ;)

Thanks to everyone else for your positive comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to read about our adventures

Hello 4774Papa,

I would bet there are more than just the 2 of us!

Give my regards to Miss Bunny Marie ;)

Thanks to everyone else for your positive comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to read about our adventures

Bunny says hi. She will be seeing you in 8 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I can't believe you didn't stop at the Rijksmuseum-the finest collection of Rembrandts in the world! Not to mention Vermeer or two and at least one Hans Holbein. Closed for refurbishing for 10 years it is a beautiful exhibit.

Two blocks away is the Van Gogh museum-some of the finest impressionist works ever created.

Maybe you can visit those on your next visit.

Glenn:cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi,

I am finalizing my plans for a trip that includes Amsterdam next year. Would you tell me a little bit more about the Barangay B&B? It looks close to the main rail lines. Was it noisy at all? Thanks, Bea

Hi Bea,

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw your post. The Barangay B&B is a great place. It is within easy walking distance from the train station, but in a very quiet residential area. You don't have to worry about noise at all. We really enjoyed our stay in this typical old Amsterdam-style home.

Hope this helps

Regards

Petra