VASA Museum: transportation? Tips for a successful visit?

Pet Nit Noy

You pay as you get on the boat. I suggest you take cash with you for speed. Lining up to pay by card may mean waiting for the next one.

If going to Skansen, get off at tivoli and walk through it, take a right at the end and walk down the road. Be aware that drinks stalls etc only take local currency

The boats take euros as well as local currency

Desdichado, I've been searching through several threads that you have kindly answered on, and have not found the answer. Some people on my roll call want to go via the Hoho boat to Vasa. But, we are there on a Sunday, and it is in September- September 13.

This date is not in the boats' schedule. Do you know if either company will run a boat in the off-season if a ship is in port? Thank You

Desdichado, I've been searching through several threads that you have kindly answered on, and have not found the answer. Some people on my roll call want to go via the Hoho boat to Vasa. But, we are there on a Sunday, and it is in September- September 13.

This date is not in the boats' schedule. Do you know if either company will run a boat in the off-season if a ship is in port? Thank You

QuattroRomeo, I don't know but go here https://www.redsightseeing.com/sv/hop-on-hop-off-bat-stockholm/ click karta & rutter and click on the map.

It does say that they are running from May to September but I would advise you to contact them to ask.

Strömma only goes to September 9th.

http://www.stromma.se/stockholm/sightseeing/batsightseeing/hop-on-hop-off-bat/

No you will disembark into a terminal from where it is a short walk to the bus stop for the public buses.

I'm now at the point in my planning where we're thinking about money in the various currencies we'll need. Since riding the 76 bus will be the first activity -- straight off the boat -- in our Stockholm port call, I have a couple of questions.

I used a neat web site called Rome2rio.com to learn the approximate cost of the trip on Bus 76. That web site is showing 4 USD and I've converted (and rounded) that amount to 34 Swedish Krona. Is the web site correct about the bus fare?

Will I need exact change to ride the bus? If I don't need exact change, would a bus driver reasonably be expected to provide change for a 20 SEK note?

What's behind these questions is that whether I get my Krona in the US, on board our ship, or in London (our pre-cruise destination) I'm guessing that the smallest denomination of Swedish currency will be the 20 Krona note. I doubt any money source outside of Sweden will offer us 1 or 5 Krona coins.

Will there be a place to get Swedish current or break a 20 Krona note into coins within the cruise terminal?

Finally, the web site I mentioned says we'll board at the Hangovagen bus stop and exit at the Strandvagen stop, walking the rest of the way. Is this correct information?

Thanks!

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was there last week. Arrived just before 3p and almost had the place to myself, it was great. The exhibits in addition to ship were well worth the time. Spent two hours there and got to read everything. We're several English tours announced about every 30 minutes, I'd sort of tag along an catch tidbits at various stops. Do watch the film first if you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was there last week. Arrived just before 3p and almost had the place to myself, it was great. The exhibits in addition to ship were well worth the time. Spent two hours there and got to read everything. We're several English tours announced about every 30 minutes, I'd sort of tag along an catch tidbits at various stops. Do watch the film first if you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes excellent point, do watch the film it really sums everything up and help you put things in the exhibition into perspective