Dinner Suit

Jimbob123

My OH has always put his suit in a soft suit carrier ( not the really flimsy ones) and let the porter deliver it to the cabin and has never had a problem.

I guess others may have a different view but I can only speak as we find. You really want to carry on as little as possible as depending on embarkation time you may have to carry it with you for a little while if you can't get into your cabin.

Depends if you're sailing To & From Southampton. If you are, with Luggage not being a problem, why don't you use a further Case or Roller Bag to put Your Suit & the OH's clothing in? It's only for a few hours and saves damage. I find carrying them around until the Cabins are released is just as bad as packing them!!!!

I've always just folded the jacket in half with the trousers inside and put it in a case. I've never had a problem with it creasing. I wouldn't put a soft suit carrier in with the other cases as it could get thrown around and be damaged. I used to take a soft suit carrier on board with our hand luggage but it was such a pain carrying it around until our cabin was ready it wasn't worth it.

It really won't do it any harm in your suitcase and will get much better protection.

When checking in at Southampton,is it best to have packed my dinner suit,keep it with me or let them take it to my cabin.Really don't want it all creased up before the cruise even starts.

Thanks for any advice.

If you are putting it in a suit carrier if you read the cruise information booklet that comes with excursions in it does actualy tell you that if you are taking a suit carrier aboard carry it on as hand luggage.

If you are putting it in a suit carrier if you read the cruise information booklet that comes with excursions in it does actualy tell you that if you are taking a suit carrier aboard carry it on as hand luggage.

I know. But ours is quite a tough one and seems no more vulnerable than a soft sided suitcase. I wouldn't trust them with the type that you get when you buy a suit from eg M&S.

Always been packed in a suitcase...on the top. Fold with plenty of tissue and then more layers of tissue on top...never had a problem with creasing. If it did crease you could always pop along to the launderette and give it a once over with the iron...you will have plenty of time as formal night is not on the first night

We always put my husbands in our case too. Going from Southampton we usually take 3 cases and don't cram things in. I fold his dinner suit carefully and it comes out without any creases at all. If it is creased the option is there on board to have it pressed but we have never had to do this as yet.

Edited by ladywales

We always put my husband in our case too. Going from Southampton we usually take 3 cases and don't cram things in. I fold his dinner suit carefully and it comes out without any creases at all. If it is creased the option is there on board to have it pressed but we have never had to do this as yet.

Do hope you pack him up well and he doesn't come out all creased up!!!

Sorry but could not resist the temptation to comment

Do hope you pack him up well and he doesn't come out all creased up!!!

Sorry but could not resist the temptation to comment

Lol lol laughing my head off here. I am such a plank. That will teach me to read my post before just clicking send. Well if he is slightly creased I take an iron to sort him out lol !!

We pack OH suits/jacket in the top of one of the cases (we always sail from Southampton)

We have a leather suit carrier that we have put through the hole in the wall a few times and it always arrived outside our cabin ok.

We stopped using that when we put it out with the cases to disembark. Put cases in the car, got home, started the great unpack and realised we were missing something!!!!

If I remember correctly it cost us £25 for them to courier it to us....lesson learnt.

Hi,yes everything the same with freedom or set dining on formal night or any other evening

I have a vague memory (heck, I'm vague ....) that occasionally on F/Es they do a "special menu" (though the same for everyone).

The only problem is they don't do the every-day menu (Steak, Egg Mayo, etc.) which was a problem for Master Hat who is a bit fussy.

Well we've just returned from a cruise on the azura and they had four formal nights with the last one been black and white night which had a special menu.The rest of the cruise followed the same type of menus but with different choices every night

We always put my husbands in our case too. Going from Southampton we usually take 3 cases and don't cram things in. I fold his dinner suit carefully and it comes out without any creases at all. If it is creased the option is there on board to have it pressed but we have never had to do this as yet.

Not only packs her husband but has husbands, how many you got lucky lady? Explains the amount of suitcases I suppose lol :D

What is an acceptable dress code for young children on formal nights?

That's a really difficult question to answer, because some children will be happy to be dressed up and you will see them in tiny dinner suits and pretty dresses, but I think the person that said as you would dress them for a wedding probably had it just about right

My daughter used to enjoy dressing up for dinner on 2 previous cruises, however, on one occasion on NCL they had pyjama party on one of the formal nights in the kids club and so my daughter went to dinner in her Pyjamas so that she could go straight to the club after eating, I still laugh at the photos taken at the table on that occasion :)