This months promo

kgymn

So I just went to look at the cruise we would like to book and I'm wondering if they have changed the promotion or if it is a glitch in the system... for February the Hawaii sailings were choose 2. It doesn't look like they have updated the promotions page to reflect the March promotion quite yet but the booking system has different promo codes.

And it no longer offers to choose 2 on Hawaii sailings and also, it no longer gives the option of the UDP.

A little disappointing since we were going to get the UDP. We couldn't have booked quite yet anyways since we need to make sure my husbands time off was approved.

Anyone with insight? Did they, in fact, REPLACE the UDP option with the DSC?

~Katy

I just did a booking for a suite online. In my amenities, it lists the UDP, as well as the UBP, prepaid grats, as well as the OBC. But if I had wanted to enter a promo code for the UDP, if I booked a lower room, it was not showing as an option. I agree with Cruisingal22, probably a glitch.

With the old February Promo if booking a suite or higher class stateroom no

promo codes were necessary as they were all included. Insides and Studios

were not eligible for the Promos - OV and balcony mini-suites got one of the

promos. Previous thread about 3 days back hinted that the March Promos

would be sort of an instant replay from the February ones. The February Promos

had the extra guests in the stateroom at a discount something the January

did not.

So each subsequent month expect the Promos to be tweeked !

In retrospect I think NCL had started something to keep competitive with other

cruise lines and will no doubt keep these Promos running albeit maybe at raising

the cruise fare and to push the sales of the higher class staterooms.

Definitely a marketing ploy to fill the ship to the last minute - like the airlines

an empty seat does not generate revenue and an empty stateroom the same

for the cruise lines - even if they discount the heck out of it something is better

than nothing. For the most part after the first cruise the customer is hooked on

coming back again and perhaps for many many more !

:cool: Will be keeping my Europe booking as is for now, was hoping for the option of the UDP as well as the PPG but its not available...

I currently have the UDP as well as a $75 OBC...

Edited by warriorking

I guess if it hasn't changed in the system once my husband's time off has been approved (hopefully tomorrow) I will just have to call and see what's going on. I knew there was always the possibility that they wouldn't still have choose 2 for the Hawaii sailings, which is disappointing but understandable and hey, it could make them not sell quite as fast so maybe will mean the price is less likely to go up before we can confidently book.

If anyone happens to call in to book and has a chance to ask about the UDP before I do please do share.

~Katy

They have been having a glitches in the system.

Yesterday a cruise I was already booked on was showing a promo code of CHOBD which included both the Unlimited Dining package and the Unlimited Beverage package. When I called to take advantage of this great deal I couldn't because my cruise was 51 days before sailing and I would face cancelation penalties so it wasn't worth it. Plus the PCC said that code was a possible error and would check with her supervisor. When I went back to see if it was still there, it was gone.:(

FYI: I'm booked on the NCL Dawn from NOLA to Boston. This was strange because NCL was not even offering the Drink package on this sailing, only the dining and OBC.

Edited by Starrgazer50

My Sept cruise offers gratuities, ultimate beverage, OBC and 3rd and 4th free or discounted, no option for Ultimate dining....I am booked in a suite in Sep and had hoped it would be worth rebooking to get the OBC, Dining, Beverage and Gratuities but no go....I am happy with what I already have so no big deal, but it looks like gratuities replaced dining, at least on my cruise

It seems since no cruises are having the UDP option show up, and their promotional info very clearly states UDP as one of the options, there is a glitch or unintentional omission in the booking engine. I'm glad they at least updated the promotion info on the website. At the time I posted the OP the booking engine had the new promo codes in but the website still had the February promotions (and still said "last day!")

~Katy

The UDP does not show up as a choice, but when I booked a suite this morning, all four show up in my amenities. The pp grats for 2, UBP, OBC and UDP. So, the grats did not replace the UDP. If you are booked in a suite and still outside final payment, if your price doesn't rise too much, it would be worth it to rebook with new promo, just adds the pp grats for 2.

The UDP does not show up as a choice, but when I booked a suite this morning, all four show up in my amenities. The pp grats for 2, UBP, OBC and UDP. So, the grats did not replace the UDP. If you are booked in a suite and still outside final payment, if your price doesn't rise too much, it would be worth it to rebook with new promo, just adds the pp grats for 2.

But don't forget that if you booked prior to February, non-haven suites got $300 OBC and if you re-book now you will lose $100 of that. Also gratuities for persons 3-8 are now $14.95/day instead of $12 if you pre-paid then. Probably still a small net gain in most cases, but smaller than it first might appear.

But don't forget that if you booked prior to February, non-haven suites got $300 OBC and if you re-book now you will lose $100 of that. Also gratuities for persons 3-8 are now $14.95/day instead of $12 if you pre-paid then. Probably still a small net gain in most cases, but smaller than it first might appear.

Except, as of a minute ago, booking the haven still gives the $300 OBC along with the rest.

what is UDP

Unlimited Dining Package (UDP) where you get your dinner meals in the specialty restaurants for a set price for the week. For a 7 day cruise, it is $119 if you were to pay.

Edited by FireEater

We just re-booked two of our reservations - both suites.

For our Owner's suite (non-Haven) on the Dawn we lost $100 on OBC, but got the pre-paid gratuities so a net gain of $100.

For our cruise on Escape, we were able to add to add the gratuities and now have $300 OBC, UDP, UBP and gratuities.

Overall, I am very happy with the new promotion. I wonder the promotion is going to be next month.

There are still good deals available but for Europe cruises it looks like they are slowly whittling down. For our cruise b2b on the Jade prices have remained the same but end of January special for ov, balcony and ms it was ksf plus choose two: $200 obc, UBP, UDP. Then it was ksf and choose any two but staggered obc as one of the choices with the highest amount (excluding suites) being $100 obc for MS, $75 for bal and $50 for OV. Now today it's just choose one plus ksf but gratuities is an offer for guests 1 & 2. The original deal was incredible and I ended up saving a bundle but if I was booking today vs over a year ago I would still be saving - just not near as much as I saved by splitting my 14 nt cruise into (2) 7 nt cruises to take advantage of all the perks and lower price.

• 2 weeks later...