Help w/veendam & room type

Hi folks. If anyone can shed some light on any of this I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at the veendam. I'm hoping to get a room on the back end of the ship. I thought it was an aft cabin, but dh said aft could be a lot of the cabins towards the back. Are they called fan tail cabins? It would be nice to know what I'm asking for when I'm booking.:D I was looking on CC for a picture of the back end of the ship, but it seems like everyone is taking photos of the front. It would be fun to get right in the middle of the back end but even looking at deck plans I'm having problems. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated. I do know those rooms tend to go first quickly, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also know the ship is going into dry dock, but this cruise is for the end of Feb. beginning of March of next year. TIA

What you are looking for is a "stern" cabin. ("aft" is a direction, "stern" is a place, but on CC forums people often refer to stern cabins as aft cabins.) Stern balcony cabins would be on the Verandah or Rotterdam decks, B082 to B095 or B223 to B232. There are also four stern cabins on the Lower Promenade that don't have a private balcony, which I don't think you are looking for.

see

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ve_2&deck=n&deep=0

and

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ve_2&deck=v&deep=0

Edited by catl331

Am not sure if there are pictures of any of those particular cabins, but there is a terrific website available that is the result of 3 members here and lots of CC members contributions. We are not allowed to post a link but to get there, google "Holland America cabin pictures ". It's at the top but not the first hit. The top hit will be the HAL site.

I was looking on CC for a picture of the back end of the ship, but it seems like everyone is taking photos of the front.
If you mean outside, Google "Veendam stern pictures" then click on the 4th or 11th thumbnail for an enlargement ...