A (Mostly) Qomplaint-Free QUANTUM REVIEW (Feb. 20 - Mar. 1, 2015)

Thanks for such a great review and answering everyone's questions.

It is now making my work so much harder when I write my Anthem review, to be as good as you.

If I find Cranky and Frowny, I will post pics so we can all avoid them.

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I hope Cranky and Frowny are not onboard in 2 weeks.

Have fun. Unfortunately there are Cranky and Frownys on every cruise. :mad:

Thanks for such a great review and answering everyone's questions.

It is now making my work so much harder when I write my Anthem review, to be as good as you.

If I find Cranky and Frowny, I will post pics so we can all avoid them.

My pleasure.

Maybe we should start a separate thread with just photos of Cranky and Frowny people on cruises.

FINAL THOUGHTS

What I loved

-North Star

-WOW Band

-Two70

-Music Hall (even though I didn’t talk about it much in my review, it was still great)

-Overall look & feel of ship (it has a very Earthy & classy feel about it)

-Huge TV in the room

-Disembarkation (very smooth and fast!)

What I liked

-Solarium pool (this would have been in the “love” list if it were open-air)

-Dynamic Dining (I like that you have options every single night depending on your taste)

-Food quality (an upgrade over the traditional Main Dining Room food on other ships)

-Royal IQ (just needs the menus & Cruise Compass added to be in “love” list)

-Gym

-Windjammer

-Embarkation (if it weren’t for the guy that checked us in, this would be in the “love” list, otherwise very smooth and fast)

What I didn’t like

-Less outdoor pools than the other big RCI ships

-Wonderland

-Closet design (just get rid of that big bar in the main closet and it will be fine)

Overall this is a fantastic class of ship that is only going to get better as the rest of the minor kinks get worked out. This is a ship that is designed for the next generation of cruisers. I’m looking forward to many more sailings on the Anthem and possibly the Ovation. The Oasis class is still my favorite however I would be extremely happy to be on any Quantum, Freedom or Voyager class ship as well. One day maybe I’ll even give the Radiance class a try.

One thing you have to do on Cruise Critic is take any negative comment with a grain of salt. There are a ton of grouchy people on here that just love to complain. For a while there after the Quantum first came out, I almost wanted to stay off Cruise Critic because of the complainers. I know some of the complaints were legit, especially the comments from those that sailed on the Quantum after she first came out but other remarks like “a Quantum failure”, “Dynamic Disaster” and others were just plain absurd and ridiculous. I'm sure glad I didn't listen to those people.

Next up: The Oasis in September with hopefully a Liberty cruise to Bermuda in May before that

For your review,photo's and perspective! Can't wait to sail her in April! Just a sidenote if anyone hasn't mentioned this but just did a B2B on Serenade and the outside dining area, that I did not know Quantum had is one of my favorite spots. And as you said always found a seat there for breakfast and lunch!..K.O.:)

For your review,photo's and perspective! Can't wait to sail her in April! Just a sidenote if anyone hasn't mentioned this but just did a B2B on Serenade and the outside dining area, that I did not know Quantum had is one of my favorite spots. And as you said always found a seat there for breakfast and lunch!..K.O.:)

Thanks and have fun in April. The ship is fantastic. And more importantly, enjoy that outside seating!

After all the negative remarks about the Quantum, my faith is restored after reading your comments. This will be our third voyage on a ship and we can't wait. Not everything runs to plan and you have to be flexible. First on RCC. Travelling from Dubai to Singapore. Very excited, thanks again..

Yorkvillain,

Thank you for such a wonderful reviews and photos.

After reading so much negative about quantum from other

postings, it's refreshing to read all the positive about your

reviews. Can't wait for our cruise on Quantum in April. !!!!

On the dynamic dining, can we still request a table sitting for

2 people in any of the complementary restaurants??

Thanks.

After all the negative remarks about the Quantum, my faith is restored after reading your comments. This will be our third voyage on a ship and we can't wait. Not everything runs to plan and you have to be flexible. First on RCC. Travelling from Dubai to Singapore. Very excited, thanks again..

Thanks! Dubai to Singapore sounds amazing. Have fun.

Great review. Funny, too!

See you on Anthem next October!

Thank you. I can't wait to go back on this class of ship!

Yorkvillain,

Thank you for such a wonderful reviews and photos.

After reading so much negative about quantum from other

postings, it's refreshing to read all the positive about your

reviews. Can't wait for our cruise on Quantum in April. !!!!

On the dynamic dining, can we still request a table sitting for

2 people in any of the complementary restaurants??

Thanks.

Thanks.

We always requested a table for 4 and got it so I'm sure you can get a table for 2 if you ask.

Great review. I was on the quantum on 2/20 also. I have been on 25+ cruises on various cruise lines and always come away with a larger list of likes than dislikes. I really loved this ship above all others. I normally prefer Celebrity for the food but felt the Quantum was a vast improvement.

I was wondering did you receive you 10% certificate yet. I'm looking to book the anthem and now waiting until the certificate arrives.

Great review. I was on the quantum on 2/20 also. I have been on 25+ cruises on various cruise lines and always come away with a larger list of likes than dislikes. I really loved this ship above all others. I normally prefer Celebrity for the food but felt the Quantum was a vast improvement.

I was wondering did you receive you 10% certificate yet. I'm looking to book the anthem and now waiting until the certificate arrives.

Thanks.

I have not received my certificate yet either.

Still waiting for my certificate, too. My TA said since this was a dollar discount and not a percentage off an upcoming cruise, it could be applied to a cruise that was already booked, although before final payment. Hope she is right since I booked using my next cruise certificate.

I really enjoyed this whole review, thank you! It's making me look forward to my Anthem honeymoon cruise again!

Table for 2 was never a problem for us, never had to wait for more than 5 minutes past our reservation times. Even accomidated us quickly when we were early or late.

Did you make reservations for restaurants online before sailing. I notice in the Vacation Planner the text: "We will do our best to accommodate your party to a private table." I'm curious as to what 'their best' looks like!

I really enjoyed this whole review, thank you! It's making me look forward to my Anthem honeymoon cruise again!

Did you make reservations for restaurants online before sailing. I notice in the Vacation Planner the text: "We will do our best to accommodate your party to a private table." I'm curious as to what 'their best' looks like!

I know it may be different on this class of ship, but, my experience with requesting and getting a table for two on Royal has been hit or miss.

Disclaimer. I've not been on Quantum class but it seems their Dynamic Classic could be equated with traditional dining on other classes of ship and their Dynamic can be equated with My Time Dining (e.g., not sitting in the MDR at either of the two seatings).

For traditional dining, we've found it's near impossible to get a table for two although we did manage twice; neither location of table was desirable.

For MTD, it's a lot easier to get a table for two, but, again; sometimes the table was in a less than desirable location, however, sometimes, it was fine.

Now, saying this, perhaps this particular class of ship will cater more to folks who desire a table for two.

I'm interested also since it's the two of us who may eat on occasion with another couple.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Overall this is a fantastic class of ship that is only going to get better as the rest of the minor kinks get worked out. This is a ship that is designed for the next generation of cruisers. I’m looking forward to many more sailings on the Anthem and possibly the Ovation. The Oasis class is still my favorite however I would be extremely happy to be on any Quantum, Freedom or Voyager class ship as well. One day maybe I’ll even give the Radiance class a try.

One thing you have to do on Cruise Critic is take any negative comment with a grain of salt. There are a ton of grouchy people on here that just love to complain. For a while there after the Quantum first came out, I almost wanted to stay off Cruise Critic because of the complainers. I know some of the complaints were legit, especially the comments from those that sailed on the Quantum after she first came out but other remarks like “a Quantum failure”, “Dynamic Disaster” and others were just plain absurd and ridiculous. I'm sure glad I didn't listen to those people.

THANK YOU for your review.

The Quantum is our favorite ship in the fleet.

Fortunately, you only encountered one cranky couple. On our December 1 cruise we were constantly aware of them…they even liked hanging out with others of their kind.

Edited by beachnative

• 3 weeks later...