Aos/out of san juan questions

Good evening..this is our 1st cruise on the AOS & the 1st time sailing out of San Juan. I noticed we sail at 8 pm. I have several questions: 1) what time can you start boarding? 2) if you leave the ship to visit the city, what time do you need to be back on board for sailing? 3) how do they conduct the emergency drill? 4) How/when do people eat dinner? 5) approx. what time will the cabins be ready? any other tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. thank you everyone :p

Sorry, did not mean to be vague.....I meant if you boarded early, then wanted to go back to see more sights, what time would you need to be back on board for sailing. As for the drill, I am used to 4:30 for our cruises....if you sail at 8:00 pm? do you have the drill, then go to dinner....just trying to get an idea of how all this pans out

We were on the AOS in feb.,we were on board by noon time.You can check in and then leave to go into Old San Juan[you have to take a cab].Our boat drill was at 530 but there was another drill at 8pm for the ones that didn't board till later.As for dinner we had late seating and dinner was at 830 on the first night only

I believe all need to be on board by 5 5:30 and drill is around 5:45. Do you know if you have dinner early or late? The Windjammer is always an option as well. We originally thought of going on board then off again and decided to just enjoy the day on the ship seeing how we are paying for that day and then stay an extra day at the end to explore Old San Juan. It's cheaper to fly on Monday anyway.

Good evening..this is our 1st cruise on the AOS & the 1st time sailing out of San Juan. I noticed we sail at 8 pm. I have several questions: 1) what time can you start boarding? We have sailed out of San Juan several times and we have always boarded by noon. 2) if you leave the ship to visit the city' date=' what time do you need to be back on board for sailing? You need to be back on the ship 90 minutes prior to sailing. 3) how do they conduct the emergency drill? I believe we have always departed at 8:30. We have always eaten dinner at 6:30, muster drill has been at 8:00 and then second seating for dinner was at 8:30.4) How/when do people eat dinner? 5) approx. what time will the cabins be ready? The cabins are usually ready at 1:00 any other tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. thank you everyone :p

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm on this cruise in 3 weeks, from my docs:

Check in between 1:30 and 7 (obviously earlier is ok too)

Of course a Compass from last November (http://m.**********/a/hPbam#) states onboard by 5:30 with a muster drill at 5:45, and set sail at approx 8:30. That being said, trust your cruise docs.

Doh, I guess I can't post imgur links above.

Edited by JasonV1

Good evening..this is our 1st cruise on the AOS & the 1st time sailing out of San Juan. I noticed we sail at 8 pm. I have several questions: 1) what time can you start boarding? 2) if you leave the ship to visit the city' date=' what time do you need to be back on board for sailing? 3) how do they conduct the emergency drill? 4) How/when do people eat dinner? 5) approx. what time will the cabins be ready? any other tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. thank you everyone :p[/quote']

Based on others that posted, the Muster Drill is around 5:30 - 5:45. I also heard they have a "late" one also for those that missed it. It seems they want people on "all aboard" by that time. You can get on and off the ship, however, the ship is not in Old San Juan, so you need to take a taxi. The normal evening activities take place, including dinner. I'm going my first time, and my plans are to get done whatever, I want, and board by around 2:00 after the rooms are ready.

Based on others that posted, the Muster Drill is around 5:30 - 5:45. I also heard they have a "late" one also for those that missed it. It seems they want people on "all aboard" by that time. You can get on and off the ship, however, the ship is not in Old San Juan, so you need to take a taxi. The normal evening activities take place, including dinner. I'm going my first time, and my plans are to get done whatever, I want, and board by around 2:00 after the rooms are ready.

What posts have you read that says muster is 5:30 - 5:45? Everything I have read regarding Muster drill in San Juan says the muster drill is 8:00 or so. I have sailed out of San Juan 5 times and the Muster drill has been at 8:00 every time. In my experience, Muster drill has been 5:30 - 5:45 for stateside departures but in San Juan it has always been later.

What posts have you read that says muster is 5:30 - 5:45? Everything I have read regarding Muster drill in San Juan says the muster drill is 8:00 or so. I have sailed out of San Juan 5 times and the Muster drill has been at 8:00 every time. In my experience, Muster drill has been 5:30 - 5:45 for stateside departures but in San Juan it has always been later.

On our most recent cruises on Adventure this past Jan/Feb, there were two musters. The first was at 5:45pm and the second was at 8pm for people who arrived later.

just got off AOS yesterday.. muster was at 530 pm. had a second one for those who boarded late... we showed up at 1pm and were onboard within an hr. people were late getting off the ship from the previous cruise...we went to the windjammer and ate and toured the ship to get aquainted..bags were delivered about 430... dinner service ran late the first night almost 9pm for our 830 seating

Good evening..this is our 1st cruise on the AOS & the 1st time sailing out of San Juan. I noticed we sail at 8 pm. I have several questions: 1) what time can you start boarding? 2) if you leave the ship to visit the city' date=' what time do you need to be back on board for sailing? 3) how do they conduct the emergency drill? 4) How/when do people eat dinner? 5) approx. what time will the cabins be ready? any other tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. thank you everyone :p[/quote']

We just got off AOS yesterday. We only had 1 muster drill at about 5:30. Early dinner (in the main dining room was 6:30ish) and the late was about 8:45 (on the first night only) We did have late arrivals and when we met them in St. Lucia, they told us, they were never even told the basic info of the muster drill.....

As for the other???

We boarded about 1, and basically walked right on.

2)I believe that we were told 5 pm... We stayed on and enjoyed the ship.

3)As stated about 5:30

4)Windjammer, Promenade Cafe & I believe Johnny Rockets was open from 11 am

5)mostly by 2(ours were done by noon)

Just off of the ship a week ago. Muster drill 5:30 and 8pm for late arrivals. All must be on ship by 8pm but MUST be checked in by 7pm or 90 minutes before set sail which is usually 8:30pm. Ship is docked at Pan American Pier so must take taxi to town since it is not a short walk. Taxi fare from airport depending on luggage about $20 to $25 plus tip for two. Dinner at normal early. late, MTD seating or your own at WJ or Promenade Café. Most rooms were ready by 1:30 and we did not arrive until after 3:30 pm so not sure on how early you can show up exactly. Our luggage was in room by 4:30. We had 5:30-5:45 muster ended by 6pm. We stayed on the ship after arrival and returned on a Monday flight to CLE. instead of leaving on Sunday. Have Fun and enjoy the ship.

On our most recent cruises on Adventure this past Jan/Feb, there were two musters. The first was at 5:45pm and the second was at 8pm for people who arrived later.

just got off AOS yesterday.. muster was at 530 pm. had a second one for those who boarded late

Well... this is sure different than what (I think) I've experienced. Maybe it's the difference between the Adventure and the Serenade/Brilliance/Jewel. Our first cruise out of San Juan was on Adventure in 2009. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure muster was around 8:00. Our last 4 out of San Juan have been on the Radiance class ships. Again, I'm quite sure they have all been around 8:00. We always eat at the early seating and it seems muster has been between dinner and the show. I guess I'll find out in 12 more days. We expect to be on the ship by noon so it won't matter to us what time the drill is.

Edited by cruiseguy1016