taxes and fees

just wonder, booked 2 cruises and seeing taxes/fees were lower ( 150 usd ) then when I booked my cruise 6 months ago

( well if I calculate the price through the website the total price difference is 150 usd lower on the website as the price on my invoice )

Can I apply for the lower taxes/fees ? I called my agent and she tells me she can only apply for lower rates until final payment day not for lowering the taxes/fees .....

I do not understand why I need to pay higher taxes and fees when I booked my cruise 6 months ago as when I should have booked it now

please help me clear this one

thanks

all the best

just wonder, booked 2 cruises and seeing taxes/fees were lower ( 150 usd ) then when I booked my cruise 6 months ago

( well if I calculate the price through the website the total price difference is 150 usd lower on the website as the price on my invoice )

Can I apply for the lower taxes/fees ? I called my agent and she tells me she can only apply for lower rates until final payment day not for lowering the taxes/fees .....

I do not understand why I need to pay higher taxes and fees when I booked my cruise 6 months ago as when I should have booked it now

please help me clear this one

thanks

all the best

I think that you have used a travel agent and are trying to compare the line that they list as taxes and fees compared to what Royal lists as taxes and fees. Typically a travel agent will also include non commissionable fare in this line which would result in the large discrepancy that you described.

I have not seen taxes and fees drop by $150, it is usually like $10-$20 at most.

yes I did use a travel agent from the US

thank you so much for your explanation as I did not understand the big difference

therefore the big difference, probably taxes were never lower

ok this is clear now when I book another cruise I need to ask what taxes I pay otherwise I can never compare and check price with website of RCI

thank you all for your time to answer my questions

have a wonderful day

I think that you have used a travel agent and are trying to compare the line that they list as taxes and fees compared to what Royal lists as taxes and fees. Typically a travel agent will also include non commissionable fare in this line which would result in the large discrepancy that you described.

I have not seen taxes and fees drop by $150, it is usually like $10-$20 at most.

• 2 weeks later...

We are taking an NCL 14 day cruise in september to canada and the bahamas, the cruise fare is $2,449 and insurance is $308 per person, but the taxes and fees are $635 dollars per person, and I am not even sure if that includes taxes on the insurance or just the cruise. Does that seem awfully excesive to anyone else, or is that the way it goes these days? :-(

Edited by iamyuneek

We are taking an NCL 14 day cruise in september to canada and the bahamas, the cruise fare is $2,449 and insurance is $308 per person, but the taxes and fees are $635 dollars per person, and I am not even sure if that includes taxes on the insurance or just the cruise. Does that seem awfully excesive to anyone else, or is that the way it goes these days? :-(

You should probably ask that on the NCL boards.