Cruising out of New York in December?

Baileyjojo

I am contemplating booking the Dec. 13 out of NY. Realistically, how is it? Obviously the first and last day we won't be able to be outside. But how is the weather in Florida and the Bahamas then? Will the kids be able to enjoy the outdoor activities on the ship on the days other than those mentioned?

Thanks

Barring any major storms, the latter part of the full sea day headed down should be fine for outdoor activities on the ship, and on the trip back, the 1st sea day as well. Florida & the Bahamas most likely will be comfortable, not overly humid, but warm (e.g., highs in upper 70's-low 80's and lows in mid 60's) Just layer up on the 1st day going down and 2nd sea day returning if you head out on deck.

Edited by CRUZIN'NANA

I am contemplating booking the Dec. 13 out of NY. Realistically, how is it? Obviously the first and last day we won't be able to be outside.

Thanks

Our cruise on the Gem last Dec 14, 2013 from NYC was good except for the first day and night. There was a snowstorm that day and the first night was rough. My daughter and I go seasick. The pool was covered. Coming back was a lot better and we people can still swim during the last sea day.

We were just in Orlando (land trip), Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay (NCL SKY) last December and we had great weather the whole cruise. The cruise before us had rainy weather.

You can never predict mother nature......

Once in January when sailing from NY my DD and BFF were in the pools and hot tub on the first full sea day...(the captain said we had the best weather ever for January ). All of the trip had great great weather.

Once in June from NY we froze until second sea day. ..it was too windy for outdoor activities...... You can never tell.......

Hope for the best, and enjoy no matter what

Safe sailing

You can't predict weather, but keep in mind that your cruise is still in autumn. The worst winter weather in NY generally does happen in winter, so you have better chances of it being nicer than if you were booked in February or something. Good luck!

I am contemplating booking the Dec. 13 out of NY. Realistically, how is it? Obviously the first and last day we won't be able to be outside. But how is the weather in Florida and the Bahamas then? Will the kids be able to enjoy the outdoor activities on the ship on the days other than those mentioned?

Thanks

I wouldn't do it. Florida and the Bahamas can be cold in December, plus the time you will lose sailing to "warmer" weather (which may or may not happen). I would personally fly to Florida and sail to the Caribbean, if you are set on December. Even then, the nights will be chilly (unless you go Western Carib.), but the days will be nice.

Edited by SissasMomE

We left out of NY in December and the first sea day was really rainy and when we woke up the 2nd sea day we actually had to go back inside and change because we weren't expecting it to be so warm! Our first stop was Florida and we got married on a beach and the weather was gorgeous! It was warm without all the humidity. This year we are going out of Ny is October.