Diamond plus, upgrade question

We have less than that and have been upgraded twice. One of the times we had a guarantee suite and on the last week they called us and asked us if we wanted to move from a Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite. Guess what we said?[emoji3]

Was that a free upgrade (other than increased tips)? Or was it an upsell to the GS? Either way, enjoy that GS!

Edited by Starry Eyes

We often book a guarantee and most of the time we get the lowest cabin in the guarantee category. If I book an OV, I expect to be assigned a cabin on deck 2. A few times I’ve been assigned a “better cabin” in the super category. As an example, I booked a balcony guarantee and was assigned a D rather than an E. To me that is NOT an upgrade as I booked a balcony and that is what I was assigned. I don’t recall any upgrade to a better super category. (i.e. booking a OV guarantee and being assigned balcony)

Now, a few times I’ve received an upgrade prior to sailing, but that was a C&A upgrade and had NOTHING to do with the guarantee assignment.

In many instances, once you receive an assignment you MAY be able to change your cabin to another location in the same category.

Good luck

M

Check the category of the cabin you are assigned, then go on line and see if that category is available on any other deck. You can switch to other cabin as long as it is in the same category. Like N to N. I don't like deck 2 on the Freedom because of the chopped up passageways, but you will already know about that.

Then watch prices frequently to see if you want to pay to upgrade your cabin. Watch for sales or reductions, even after final (sometimes)

Never been upgraded as a Diamond Plus. We did get one before but can't even remember what our status was but it was only our 9th cruise with Royal. I also have watched my parents get an upgrade on the Allure even though they are Diamond. Don't want to burst your bubble about the possibilities but I agree book the cabin you want and if you get upgraded great :D if not you are still happy.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Just got an e-mail for my second free upgrade, from JS to RFS :D

Last one was Balcony to JS.:D

It's the second leg of my upcoming B2B2B.:D I don't mind moving staterooms 3 times.:D

I tried to do a paid upgrade on the first leg, but they wouldn't let me.:mad:

I have done 5 self initiated paid upgrades to RFS, and a couple of Balcony to JS.

D+

Edited by Aussie FF

A customer service rep at RCI told me that to upgrade at the pier you need to ask for the pier coordinator and they can sell you available cabins. The guest relations team on the ship can also sell cabins but will be more expensive. Not sure how true this is.

Used to happen pier side but not for some time these days.