Help with cruise for our Anniversary

Elaine2

Hi. My Husband and I will be cruising for our second time in July 2016, celebrating our 40th Anniversary. Thinking about Alaska or possibly Europe cruise. We're actually open to most anywhere but funds are limited. Looking for advice on reasonable cruises from Los Angelos. Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Europe is expensive to get to and expensive while you are there.

I would suggest Alaska on Princess. With HAL, they dominate the Alaskan marget. Try to get a cruise going to Glacier Bay.

Are you looking for a cruise that originates from Los Angeles? Not too many of those, unfortunately. You can go on a repo (repositioning) cruise in early May for ships moving to the Northwest. Those are one-ways, of course. There are Panama Canal cruises. For Europe, you'll need to stack up some cruises that go through the Panama Canal with a transatlantic if that's what you want. But I don't believe you'll find a PC cruise in the summer.

Other cruises that would start in LA would be the Hawaiian RTs (like on Princess), the Mexican Riviera, west coast coastals. Your TA can give you all the possible ones based on what time of year you want to go. In July, there's not too many options if you want to leave from LA.

Hi. My Husband and I will be cruising for our second time in July 2016, celebrating our 40th Anniversary. Thinking about Alaska or possibly Europe cruise. We're actually open to most anywhere but funds are limited. Looking for advice on reasonable cruises from Los Angelos. Thanks

There aren't any cruises from Los Angeles during July. The only California cruises I found were round trip from San Francisco on Princess Cruises - Golden Princess doing 10-day round trips to Alaska, July 11, 21 and 31.

That would be a lovely way to celebrate your 40th especially with a night or two in San Francisco pre-cruise.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

If funds are limited, you don't even want to look at airfare to Europe and a night in a hotel pre-cruise. Unless you were considering the Baltic, the Med. will be very hot in July. You're already on the West Coast, so go to Alaska. Airfare and travel time will be much less. EM

Happy Anniversary! There are some very affordable Mexican Riviera cruises from LA with Carnival. Pacific Coastal and Panama Canal/Transatlantic cruises with NCL are affordable as well. I've seen some AK cruises out of San Francisco but not out of LA. That doesn't mean they don't exist. I've just never seen them. Would you consider cruising out of San Diego or San Francisco? that might open up some more possibilities for you for the Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal/Transatlantic or Pacific Coastal. Some lines don't have sail dates up for July 2016 yet believe it or not. I find that strange! Best of luck to you!

Thank u all. I guess I was thinking about cruising out of Long Beach since that's the only cruise we've been on, the Mexican Riviera.

I'll be checking out Alaska then !

Carnival is the only cruise line regularly sailing from Long Beach, and the Miracle is doing the Mexican Riviera this year, but schedules are not out yet for 2016. EM

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your suggestions. We are booked for May 2016 to the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan, PR. Plan to spend 3 days prior and one day after the cruise in PR. Can't wait !! Although our anniversary is in July, we didn't want to have a lot of kids around and would probably be really hot. Sailing on the Carnival fascination. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please let me know !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk