Onboard Jewellery Shop

Glitter22

My OH bought a diamond ring for me 6 months ago and i've lost one of the diamonds. I've hardly worn it and I'm very disappointed that this has happened.

I know that the shops are run by a company based in Miami and the ring is guaranteed for 2 years. I have contacted them and they want me to return it to them for repair or replacement. They say it could be 8-10 weeks before I receive anything back.

I had a chat with a reputable local jeweller who was extremely helpful and gave me lots of very helpful information including how the ring has been made and why the diamond has fallen out.

I know this is a longshot but has anyone any experience of buying fine jewellery from one of the onboard shops?

My OH bought a diamond ring for me 6 months ago and i've lost one of the diamonds. I've hardly worn it and I'm very disappointed that this has happened.

I know that the shops are run by a company based in Miami and the ring is guaranteed for 2 years. I have contacted them and they want me to return it to them for repair or replacement. They say it could be 8-10 weeks before I receive anything back.

I had a chat with a reputable local jeweller who was extremely helpful and gave me lots of very helpful information including how the ring has been made and why the diamond has fallen out.

I know this is a longshot but has anyone any experience of buying fine jewellery from one of the onboard shops?

I would not buy anything on board till I check price on shore for same item.

Be careful on shore too. I bought a tanzanite ring and earrings at a shop at Havensight (St. Thomas) and when I got home saw that a small diamond was missing. I also bought a ring at Ballerina's in St. Thomas which was to be made for me. It was a pink Sapphire and tanzanite with a 18 karat setting. It was delivered to their Havensight store later in the afternoon by messenger. I honestly think they switched the tanzanite stones to some dull ones but it was too late to go back to the store. Over the years I've bought some lovely pieces, mostly gold. Be careful, especially with stones. Stick with your local jewelers. It's awful hard to complain to a store in the Caribbean. Even ship guaranteed stores are getting bad reputations.

No help I know but I went to one of the diamond seminar things.

Once finished and we were invited into the shop for the half price plus the exceptional other discount - 5% - I think. I liked the most expensive. 45, 000 dollars. Half price then the rest about 20, 000.

The thing, that put me off was the sales pitch. I don't know when she took breath. Can't be doing with that.

I went to the two girls who make jewellery locally to me. They ordered the stones and I picked the one I wanted. It is a beautifull ring. Brown diamond. Second they have made for me. A very lovely ruby one is also on my finger.

Crown next. Diamonds I think:D

I have bought a couple of piece of jewellery on ship, plus a watch. Never had any problems with them and very happy with the quality/price etc. I would not buy tanzanite onboard/on shore (although I love it) because I know I can get it cheaper at home. I think you have to decide what you are happy to pay and if you like the piece/can't get it elsewhere then go for it.

Frances

Depending on how much your local jeweler would charge for the repair, I might go with that route as you will not have to wait as long to get your ring back. And chalk the expense up to experience...or the cost of the (hopefully purchased at a discount) ring.