Question for Brits using a USA based TA

sandancer

When we given Aqua and a £430 refund we booked with a TA. At the time our TA was a small one branch operation. They were brilliant and we used them for 10 years. Since then they have been taken over by a large High Street operator and I'm not so sure we would have seen that refund or got the upgrade if it was today.

Loving this thread.

We have to pay by the 19th of this month. We booked onboard and are with Celebrity, France.

Just receive an invoice from time to time if I go onto the Celebrity site. Let me know that they are working hard.

We will be paying on Tuesday as we are going to the UK and won't be here.

What I would like to know is if there is a higher cabin available would we be offered it? Anything? What are the chances of well, anything?

Ooh. Paying. Won't be long shipmates.:D

You would need to be Einstein to work out if you would get an upgrade. I've heard of people getting an upgrade at the port on the day of the cruise but in 49 cruises it's never happened to us. If you mean you would be willing to pay to upgrade you could call Celebrity after final payment. I don't think free upgrades are commonplace these days but you just never know.

Just what I thought.

Not worried as we did, atleast, choose the cabin. I think it is more these guaranteed offers. Just learning about those. Going to have to get a notebook and write things down.

I once got upgraded in an hotel. I haven't the face for upgrades normally:D

The only other negative is that using a USA TA you don't get price drops after final payment whereas here in the UK you do......??????

That is stranger than fact, You don't even get price drops before final payment in the UK. Would be very nice to know which UK agent offers such a deal, and we will all flock to them !

That is stranger than fact, You don't even get price drops before final payment in the UK. Would be very nice to know which UK agent offers such a deal, and we will all flock to them !

I have usually booked direct with Celebrity UK ...and have had many a price drop honoured. Just phone them and ask ...they have always been obliging to me :D

Have you not read the 'Best Price Guarentee.'

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

i have been told by Celebrity Cruise Agent that they will honour this.

Edited by upwarduk

Have you not read the 'Best Price Guarentee.'

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

i have been told by Celebrity Cruise Agent that they will honour this.

Hi

We've booked a specific interior 12 for our cruise in June (through a TA) and the price has now dropped for a cat 12. However these are now guarantee only.

Do you know whether we would still qualify for a reduction/credit under the best price guarantee please? :)

Booked direct with celeb for a cruise 2 years ago and after final payement got £1200.00 refunded to my credit card due to a price drop.. as did other cc roll call members !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

We have had price drops honoured by Celebrity UK for cruises booked direct with the cruise line and for bookings made through a UK TA. We have a cruise booked for later this year and have taken advantage of a price drop and also added the 123 Go package to the same reservation. You just have to watch the prices and call them when you see a better deal than you currently have.

Well I can assure you it happened. I think you might want to try another agent or go direct to Celebrity.