Would you really leave Carnival if.....

IF I could find a cruise that was within that same price range to Carnival's prices I too would book the other line for a change and to experience another line. However that has never even comes close to happening.

this seems to be my problem as well. I actually still enjoy my Carnival cruises, but, bit by bit, things are disappearing, still the end product per price works for me. I have been however just wanting to broaden my cruise experience a bit with some other lines, and since I have to put in for vacation dates a year in advance, and travel solo, plus like to snag a port hole room, it means pretty much that Carnival is my only option right now. BUT!!!! next year I will retire "finally", and then will be able to wait things out for better solo rates on other lines. Then I will be gone...who knows how long, depends on what the other cruise line will be fore me. maybe I will be back, maybe not. With Carnival there is also just no incentive for me to stick it out to become platinum.

Edited by SMSACE6

No, I am not loyal to any one line because I cannot cruise enough to make it worth my while. I cruise based on the home port, the itinerary, the cost and the ports. I've cruise Carnival twice, RCCL 3 times and NCL once. My next planned cruise is Carnival based on the above criteria. :)

We have been on 9 cruises with Carnival and have #s 10 and 11 booked for this year. Carnival offers to me a great product at an excellent price point so I will continue to sail them. Chocolates and robes have no meaning to me, nor does turndown service. The ship takes me to exciting destinations and let's me get away from the stresses of everyday life without breaking the bank. It's a familiar product and I know what to expect so I'll continue to sail with them.

Would you really leave Carnival and choose another cruise line if you don't have chocolates on your pillow, or towel animals, or complimentary robes, or turn down service, or a 'reward' for being a return customer, or any of the other little "services" that have no impact other than they are a nicety?

Don't care about the chocolates or robes. Like the towel animals, but most cruise lines have them. Enjoy getting my platinum reward when I sail and hope to continue doing so. I won't leave Carnival for getting rid of one or two of these things, but combined that is a lot of cutbacks. I tried Royal last year because Carnival got rid of the calypso bands/trios at sail away and replaced them with a DJ. Royal still has them. Oh, and when I was on that enjoyable cruise on Royal I bought a future cruise certificate. Remember those? Can't buy those on Carnival anymore!! Fast forward a few months and it's time to book next year's cruise. Cashed in my FCC for Royal. Sorry Carnival. Maybe next year, if I don't buy another one. But please keep calling me 3x a week offering me the "brilliant" past guest discount if I book, which equates to paying more than the Early Saver rate so I can go to the same exact ports again. Hate to say it as I did love Carnival, but I fear that the only time I'll be going back is possibly a 3 or 4 day Fantasy class cruise just for the hell of it...unless they bring back the "free cruises for people who don't sail with us often" sale they had this time last year!

Just got off the Carnival Sunshine a couple of hours ago. Had towel animals and chocolates every night. Had robes as well though I didn't know it until this morning when I found where my wife had stashed them away to clear up closet space. wonderful cruise even though we missed Aruba due to high winds. Enjoyed it so much booked a cruise on the Vista while sitting on the beach in Bonaire. :D

We have been on 9 cruises with Carnival and have #s 10 and 11 booked for this year. Carnival offers to me a great product at an excellent price point so I will continue to sail them. Chocolates and robes have no meaning to me, nor does turndown service. The ship takes me to exciting destinations and let's me get away from the stresses of everyday life without breaking the bank. It's a familiar product and I know what to expect so I'll continue to sail with them.

Agreed!

Would you really leave Carnival and choose another cruise line if you don't have chocolates on your pillow, or towel animals, or complimentary robes, or turn down service, or a 'reward' for being a return customer, or any of the other little "services" that have no impact other than they are a nicety?

The last few years, we have been sailing Carnival less because of changes we didn't care for--but not for some of the reasons you mentioned. Chocolates on pillows, towel animals, and robes (I actually ask the steward to remove the robes altogether so we have extra space) mean nothing to me.

I like turndown service as they freshen the bathroom again, and I like the Platinum priority boarding, however!

Where we used to sail Carnival twice or more a year, now we often sail Carnival only once (in 2013, not at all) and sail other lines for our additional cruises that year.

Reason: Carnival's declining food quality and choices in both the main dining room and Lido buffet and declining quality of entertainment (such as DJs on the pool deck in lieu of live bands, horrid piano bar singers).

I will say that the entertainment on our Nov 2014 Freedom cruise had significantly improved compared to the previous 3 or 4 cruises largely due to the excellent piano bar performer! The last time I'd seen a packed piano bar on CCL, smoking was allowed!

Maybe things are looking up. But I'd be most happy if the food returned to the circa 2002-2008 quality and variety.

Too many people get caught up in brand loyalty and then get offended when their brand doesn't do what they expect. I would never "leave" any business unless they treated me with the utmost disrespect.

In this case each cruise is considered on its individual merits. I check Carnival, NCL and RCI when I plan a cruise and let each ship, itinerary and benefits speak for itself. The little stuff may add up, or it may not.

I think with Carnival we see a lot of people wanting the rock bottom price, but complain because they think the experience should be that of a higher price point. Champaign tastes on a beer budget.

For me, my next cruise is likely the Dream because for the price and experience it is much better than the other offerings. If that changes, so will I.

As a longtime Carnival cruiser though, I have seen their product go from "rock-bottom price but really good quality food and entertainment" to "not-always-rock-bottom price to mediocre food and entertainment".

I guess that's my beef--Carnival's product used to be superior in many ways to more expensive lines.