NCL shareholder cruise credit

frankandjill

Greetings

Just wondering if you can still get the shareholder credit if you also have the free UBP (or free dining package, etc). Celebrity (RCCL) will not give you the shareholder credit when you have another of their "free" additions.

Good Sailing

Tom

We were not able to use our AARP discount with it. The AARP was $24 so we gave that up to get the $100. We had a choice to keep the AARP, give up the Shareholders, and they would give us dinner at Cagneys. Didn't think the dinner was worth the $76 difference.

The dinner was $30 pp plus a $25 bottle of wine...so about $85 value.

We will be on the Star from June 5, 2015 to June 26, 2015 and have applied for the $250 onboard credit for owning 100 shares of NCLH. Has anyone else applied for this and were there any problems? http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/0x0x681828/4AF17A4F-D574-4094-BDE8-5AD5FA288377/blankPDF.pdf

OBC for owning 100+ shares is $100 not 250. And cannot be combine with promotion like AARP discount. Instead you will get dinner for 2 at Cagney + bottle of wine.

I asked for the shareholder credit when we had the ODP, so the dinner didn't really buy us anything, except for the bottle of wine. It was not very clear how to claim a free dinner when all dinners were already "free" from the ODP.

There is a form and instructions on the shareholder information page on NCL.com. You have to own100+ shares of NCLH, the holding company for NCL.

I asked for the shareholder credit when we had the ODP, so the dinner didn't really buy us anything, except for the bottle of wine. It was not very clear how to claim a free dinner when all dinners were already "free" from the ODP.

There is a form and instructions on the shareholder information page on NCL.com. You have to own100+ shares of NCLH, the holding company for NCL.

Thanks...shares seem to be just under $50 each at the moment.

It was a great deal for me! I bought at $30 in October, I think. It's now around $50, and I got three OBC for planned cruises, despite being upgraded (maybe I should say in addition to) and AARP rate. Plus, that department is swift and efficient!

Edited by mrobstad

Gerry: They added the $250 OBC for cruises of 14 days or more the week after we got back from our 14 day cruise.:mad:

SJB: We already get two free dinners for being platinum so we took the $100.

Great to hear! It must have been recently changed. As a matter of fact I did point this anomaly out to the shareholders benefit department a few months ago because I am booked on a b2b (as one booking) 31 day South America in Nov 2015. They had told me they would look into how to provide for longer cruises.

And I am glad to see they have indeed done that! I see they have also now included the 2 other cruiselines they have recently acquired to the benefits.

Good show NCL

Thanks

gerry

Edited by gerry1.10

$50x100 shares is $5K, but if one is already invested in ncl, then there's no change. Likewise, one could buy ncl shares on the last day of the month, then sell first day of the next month. Assuming the price holds steady, it would cost me only $15 for the two transactions, or it might go up enough to offset the transaction fee. The $5K is not a sunk cost.