NCL shareholder cruise credit

frankandjill

Buying opportunity?

No, I am just trying to justify my screwy math why $50 x 100 is suddenly equal to $500. I have no idea whether NCL is a good buy or not other than to say that the stock should be analyzed like any other stock investment and not because of the $100 OBC freebie.

OK. This answers the question. Bad deal. :)

I bought 150 shares for $4658 two years ago when they first went public. As of today I am up just over 60%. Any OBC or free dinners I get are just icing on the cake.

Buy the stock if you think it's a good investment not for the OBC.

• 9 months later...
Did anyone ever get an answer as to whether you can still qualify for the shareholder benefit if you booked with one of the "free" UDP, UBP or gratuities offers?

I booked last year for this coming May...got shareholder benefit..with other offers that came with suite booking.

Did anyone ever get an answer as to whether you can still qualify for the shareholder benefit if you booked with one of the "free" UDP, UBP or gratuities offers?

I received $250 OBC for 14 day Dawn repo cruise and $100 OBC for 7 day Jewel Mexican riviera cruise last month. Prior couple of 7 day cruises received dinner for 2 and bottle of wine at Cagneys. Hope the OBC streak continues because we have two more 14 day cruises booked.

If you know you are going to cruise NCL again then the shareholder credit can be used for FCC. If you purchace a FCC on a cruise for $250 NCL will give you back $100 OBC. If you use shareholder credit for $100. and your new $100. OBC then The $250. you purchased is for only $50. Any other OBC you have can also be applied and thus making your FCC almost free. I do this all the time. Do not buy gifts with your OBC buy FCC. It is free real money for your future cruise. $250 for $50, I think that is a great deal.

I booked last year for this coming May...got shareholder benefit..with other offers that came with suite booking.

Thank you, this is exactly the information I needed. Fingers crossed that my $250 shareholder OBC comes through for my upcoming 14-day cruise.

• 3 weeks later...