Carnival Dining Room Shows - Yay or Nay?

Yvonne

Main Dining Room Show/Dancing- Yay or Nay?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Main Dining Room Show/Dancing- Yay or Nay?

• Yes, I love them! Keep them!
    • No, I don't like them and wouldn't mind them going away.
    • Other, because there has to be an other option.

Seen it done it! But it makes some people happy so be it. I would like to know what the staff would wish and go alone with them, I never asked them ,how or why would they enjoy that when they over work under paid?

P.s Carnival is not the only cruise line that preform in the dinning room.

I enjoy the dancing and "singing".

We are friends with three waiters and they've said they don't want it discontinued.

It's a personal opinion for diners, It seems most like the show, given the videos and pictures taken.

voted other option. for me, I do not need to see this display anytime again in my life. However I appreciated that there are many others who feel differently. On my most recent cruise last November, I enjoyed Your time dining and never had to sit through the "dance", to wait for dessert or coffee. Not sure if it is because I always went early, or if I was just lucky to get out of there in time.

I think that the other option could be, to keep in fixed time dining, but discontinue in YTD.

I think that the other option could be, to keep in fixed time dining, but discontinue in YTD.

But do any of the ships have dining rooms JUST for anytime dining?

I know on the Paradise last week we were in the Elation dining room, and the outside edges were for anytime dining and the inside was for early/late seating.

I do wish they did have separate dining rooms for early/late dining, and for anytime. That would really be nice.

But do any of the ships have dining rooms JUST for anytime dining?

I know on the Paradise last week we were in the Elation dining room, and the outside edges were for anytime dining and the inside was for early/late seating.

I do wish they did have separate dining rooms for early/late dining, and for anytime. That would really be nice.

not that I know of. First time with ytd, I did end up having to wait for my coffee and dessert, because my wait staff were busy downstairs with the song and dance. I still waited, just because I could still get cappucino without charge back then:D Also, while they were a very sweet group of waiters, they were slow. Some nights though I did leave before coffee because I wanted to make the show.

Last Novemeber, I had an equally attentive wait staff team, but they were also worked well together and were well coordinated, I went to dinner always early in the first 15mins of opening, got same team each night, was always in and out within an hour, so it is more than likely that I just missed the song and dance, because I was out of there early enough

Edited by SMSACE6

totally love the dining room "shows"...if you don't want to see them, there are plenty of other dining venues

And for people who want to watch singing and dancing there are venues for that specific entertainment. A dining room is made for dining, not theatrical performances. :rolleyes:

This is my first time trying to do a poll, so hope it works.

On Carnival ships do you enjoy the special show/dancing the servers do in the main dining rooms? Especially where people are waving their napkins 'round and 'round?

Personally, I don't care for them and wish they would do away with them. The servers are rushed as it is, then they have to stop doing what they're doing - as in taking care of their customers, and take time away from them to dance and sing, etc. And the napkin waving by all the guests in the dining room just makes me cringe. Here they have been wiping food off their mouths and now they're flinging those bits of food all over the restaurant. Blech! :(

So, how do YOU feel about the dining room shows? Yay or Nay?

I've seen it so many times that I don't really care one way or the other. But I can see how those newer to Carnival cruising would enjoy the experience. I don't really care one way or the other. It doesn't annoy me though. I'm just saying that it no longer holds entertainment value to me--kind of like seeing a movie for the nth time.

We just disembarked the Pride last week and we suffered through SEVEN nights of this nonsense. While the waitstaff were 'getting ready' for their performance, the Maitre d' inflicted his uneven singing voice on us. ALL SEVEN NIGHTS!

The first couple of nights we were able to escape just before it started, but he got cagey and timed it so that we couldn't escape without giving up our dessert. It was very intrusive and interrupted nice conversations.

They should have a seating where they don't do it so those of us who dislike the 'performance' can forgo it.

Most people do love it. It's obvious. And the more we enjoy it, the more the waiters enjoy it. And they really love it when we get up and join them. The kids usually love it. There will be some grumpy people that don't want anyone else having any fun. I sincerely hope that they are able to find affordable cruises on cruiselines that are more "sophisticated" than Carnival. That way, we who enjoy having fun & being undignified will not lose this unique aspect to Carnival cruises.

Absolutely love them. I used to film them years ago when the did the Cherries Jubilee and the farewell night ( which always brought a year to my eye).

Love how they have added more over the years. Those that don't like them should eat more prunes.

We asked our waiter his thoughts and he said it put him behind. Pretty soon that will be the only Carnival employee entertainment. Although they do encourage folks eating to get up and dance. Maybe soon, they will just play the music, and folks eating will know that's their cue to get up and shake, shake, shake...