New Pre-paid photo packages now available

Got Tequila?

Just looked under the gifts sections for my April cruise and I now see the option of pre-ordering photo packages.

Any 10 Photos - Book online and receive 1 bonus print. Choose from any 6x8 or 8x10 event. Photo Packages are per cabin and non-refundable. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or offer and is not transferrable between ships or cruises. Photo Packages cannot be redeemed for Weddings, Special Events or at the Perspectives Photography Studio.

Price: $129.00

Any 20 Photos - Book online and receive 3 bonus prints. Choose from any 6x8 or 8x10 event. Photo Packages are per cabin and non-refundable. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or offer and is not transferrable between ships or cruises. Photo Packages cannot be redeemed for Weddings, Special Events or at the Perspectives Photography Studio.

Price: $199.00

Any 30 Photos - Book online and receive 5 bonus prints. Choose from any 6x8 or 8x10 event. Photo Packages are per cabin and non-refundable. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or offer and is not transferrable between ships or cruises. Photo Packages cannot be redeemed for Weddings, Special Events or at the Perspectives Photography Studio.

Price: $249.00

I'm actually glad to hear this because I'm sharing a cabin with my mom and so many times we want to end up buying most of the photos from the week and then that way we have them all. so splitting that cost between the two of us this is a better way to do it for us. :)

So this is normally the deal they have on the ship but 1 extra photo is included...correct? :confused:

I usually purchase this package on the ship each cruise and I was thinking it came with 10 photos and just wanting to make sure.

Hmmm, cannot be combined with any other promotion or offer ...

Last year on the Breakaway, we had similar offers on the ship. we're able to use OBC for it; AND, Platinum get 25% discount - all combinable - some of the photos are from the group (we had 3 cabins) and it was fine as it was charged to a singled Onboard Account.

Thanks for info but no thanks, NCL - we will pass ... wait & see, besides, always carry my extractable "selfie" stick for those instant moment, anywhere & anytime. :D

Nice try from the new NCL management to get each passenger to spend more $$$ - not the way to do it, IMO.

Edited by mking8288

great idea! dh and i (well, mostly i) usually want quite a few of the photos but i hate paying for them. i don't know how impressed i am with 11 photos for $129 thought. like someone else mentioned, i immediately thought of disney's magic maker package. that's $199 for digital copies of all the photos (usually discounted if you prepay).

cruises offer more professionally posed options (as opposed to holding tinkerbell in your hands) and i've always been very happy with most cruise photos. i've always hated that they print out ALL your photos because it's so wasteful (if they still even do that). ESPECIALLY because it's all digital now! i think disney's photopass/magic maker idea is much more environmentally friendly and customer friendly. i would definitely purchase a prepaid digitally delivered photo package from NCL if it was reasonably priced (like disney's). i might prepay $129 for 11 pro photos.

... i've always hated that they print out ALL your photos because it's so wasteful (if they still even do that). ESPECIALLY because it's all digital now! ...

NCL has been making changes and last year on the BA, photos are placed inside a binder (one per stateroom) and coded to the Guest Keycard, so no more sticky fingerprints or marks on those prints except one's own, after you located your binder. For an additional & nominal charge, they will transfer/load the digital image onto a USB stick, and the release for you to keep (after/in addition to paying for the printed ones in the binder) It is still wasteful & with ship's faster WiFi & interactive stateroom TV system showing updated biling, etc. - it can be done in more than the old fashion way.

It's similar to the system used on our Carnival Splendor sailing in 2013 (don't recall exactly, but I think it was viewable in digtal format on their standalone kiosk)

Edited by mking8288

cruises offer more professionally posed options (as opposed to holding tinkerbell in your hands) and i've always been very happy with most cruise photos. i've always hated that they print out ALL your photos because it's so wasteful (if they still even do that). ESPECIALLY because it's all digital now! i think disney's photopass/magic maker idea is much more environmentally friendly and customer friendly. i would definitely purchase a prepaid digitally delivered photo package from NCL if it was reasonably priced (like disney's). i might prepay $129 for 11 pro photos.

I'm pretty sure I read this package is for just the normal photos...like the ones that they take of you around the ship here and there doing things, then there's the "going off shore" photo with people dressed up. I'm pretty sure there was something that said it didn't include the professional photographer pictures like they do at formal night or when you make an appointment. :confused:

Yes, the STILL print out all of your pictures on the ships and you are forced to skim through hundreds and hundreds of pictures trying to locate your own. The only exception are the newer ships with the face recognition.

NCL has been making changes and last year on the BA, photos are placed inside a binder (one per stateroom) and coded to the Guest Keycard, so no more sticky fingerprints or marks on those prints except one's own, after you located your binder. For an additional & nominal charge, they will transfer/load the digital image onto a USB stick, and the release for you to keep (after/in addition to paying for the printed ones in the binder) It is still wasteful & with ship's faster WiFi & interactive stateroom TV system showing updated biling, etc. - it can be done in more than the old fashion way.

It's similar to the system used on our Carnival Splendor sailing in 2013 (don't recall exactly, but I think it was viewable in digtal format on their standalone kiosk)

They started doing the face recognition with the folders on the Epic in 2010. So just the newer ships have this in place. (Epic, BA, GA). All of the other ships are still the old system with printing all the pictures out and trying to find a needle in a haystack amongst thousands of other pictures of people.

I really wish they would move to this system on all ships. It would save the cruisers so much time, wouldn't lose your pictures you are putting together to decide and purchase at a later time and of course save money for the ship on wasted prints.

i would definitely purchase a prepaid digitally delivered photo package from NCL if it was reasonably priced (like disney's). i might prepay $129 for 11 pro photos.

While Disney's PhotoPass (for the parks) IS reasonably priced, the cruise line package price was $350 for all photos on a 7-night cruise... at least the last time we were on DCL. Their 10 print package was $150 and the 20 print package was $250.

We're cruising NCL for the first time in June. Are there a lot of photo ops? Do they have photographers off the ship too or are the pictures the posed ones in front of backdrops on the ship? We bought the package on our RCL cruise last year but it was a struggle to find 10 pictures. It's easy on Disney since there are so many characters.

Thanks for posting this. I'm sure I'll get it!

While Disney's PhotoPass (for the parks) IS reasonably priced, the cruise line package price was $350 for all photos on a 7-night cruise... at least the last time we were on DCL. Their 10 print package was $150 and the 20 print package was $250.

We're cruising NCL for the first time in June. Are there a lot of photo ops? Do they have photographers off the ship too or are the pictures the posed ones in front of backdrops on the ship? We bought the package on our RCL cruise last year but it was a struggle to find 10 pictures. It's easy on Disney since there are so many characters.

Thanks for posting this. I'm sure I'll get it!

You get pictures done of course right before you get on the ship (which will be against a green backdrop and later have a picture of the ship on it...they usually do several pictures behind it...one in the day and one at night with the ship lit up), they take pictures every time you get off the ship in port with various people dressed up or characters, then they have the formal nights with various backdrops around the ship, on the stairs and so on. Then you have a photographer running around during the cruise taking pictures when you are in the MDR, on the pool deck and different locations. Be on the look out for them going around and you have an opportunity to get tons of pictures if you want. Plenty of pictures during sail away too. :) We use to try to avoid getting our pictures done, but lately we have been buying them just for the memories for our young daughter and I put them in our scrapbook. We don't go seeking the photographers out, but we are always forced to "try" to make a decision with which pictures we want in our "10 pack" because there's always a lot more than that. :)

That's right now that you guys mention the digital packages, when I was on the jewel in 2013 we were able to get the pictures we purchased on a USB. I don't remember how much it cost but I really liked that option because I wanted to print out more copies. especially of our formal photos. is that still offered?

My family has 2 rooms - Me & DH in one room and the girls in another. Would family pictures count against one room? The package would be worth it to me if I could get the family pictures. But if it would only be pictures with DH & I, I wouldn't do it.

Maggie

Sorry to say but i believe its "per" room, but if they are in the same picture with you whats to say its not your picture

I was just wondering if they used facial recognition to assign rooms, how would they know which room to put it in?

Maggie

Yes, family pictures can be counted as one room - we did it. We had "group" pictures taken together on the BA last year and took advantage of the 10 photo package deal on top of our Latitude discount, it was great - as long as someone from our cabin was in those pictures; AND, it's all charged or posted to one stateroom account for payment purposes. :D ;)

The extra charge for the USB stick could've been $10 or maybe $15 to $20 dollars only, I got way too many USB's around the house or else I would've gotten another one . (On Carnival, got an 8GB "Kingston" USB stick with photos for extra $10 only - in 2013)