Latest disembarkation time

twinkle toes

We aren't flying back home until the day after our cruise returns. Can anyone tell me what the latest disembarkation time usually is on Princess, and what the latest time is that you have to be out of your stateroom? Thanks.

Normally they request that you vacate your cabin by 8:00 AM and use the public spaces to await your disembarkation time. It has been my experience that the last disembarkation is 10:30 AM. The ship has to be totally cleared before they can begin the embarkation process for the the next voyage. You will be given a form in advance where you can let them know your preferences. They usually do their best to accommodate.

Depending on what Port and What Hotel you will be dealing with it could be after 12 when you arrive if you leave the ship at 1030 hours.

If You have to clear customs, find your luggage, and locate transportation to the Hotel, then ride there so you will use up some time

I would call the Hotel and see what their policy is for early arrival. Explain you are coming in on a Cruise ship.

Bob

I've been wondering the same thing about disembarkation timing. Our ship arrives in Vancouver at noon. Would Princess still expect pax to vacate their cabins by 8am if port arrival isn't until noon? We'd love to enjoy as much time on our balcony as possible, and we're spending that night in Vancouver so we're in no rush to get off the ship.

I've been wondering the same thing about disembarkation timing. Our ship arrives in Vancouver at noon. Would Princess still expect pax to vacate their cabins by 8am if port arrival isn't until noon? We'd love to enjoy as much time on our balcony as possible, and we're spending that night in Vancouver so we're in no rush to get off the ship.

Of course they wouldn't expect you our at 8AM but I'm sure it wouldn't be much after noon. How would the stewards ever prepare the cabins for the new people?

Of course they wouldn't expect you our at 8AM but I'm sure it wouldn't be much after noon. How would the stewards ever prepare the cabins for the new people?

Thanks, I understand the need to prepare the cabins for the new people. I should've phrased my question as such: Might anyone know what time Princess wants pax out of the cabins for a noon port arrival on disembarkation day?

We'd be out of the cabin before noon, yes, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be as early as 8am just to hang out in the public areas for four hours. Even 10am would be lovely. I tried to search CC for the info but didn't find an answer.

Thanks, I understand the need to prepare the cabins for the new people. I should've phrased my question as such: Might anyone know what time Princess wants pax out of the cabins for a noon port arrival on disembarkation day?

We'd be out of the cabin before noon, yes, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be as early as 8am just to hang out in the public areas for four hours. Even 10am would be lovely. I tried to search CC for the info but didn't find an answer.

Princess publishes disembarkation instructions that are distributed the morning of your last full day. It includes color coded luggage tag and complete instructions for when to vacate the room, which venues are open for breakfast and at what times and where you are to meet for the disembarkation based on the color of you group (that is done because they off load luggage by color).

Normally, their ships dock around 7 am. and they expect you out your room, a noted by 8 am. I am sure that for a noon arrival, that will change. Just follow the instructions and you will have no problem.

I have never vacated my cabin by 8 a.m. Sometimes I'm just getting up at that time. I'm usually completely out of the room by 10 and I have hung out at the pool until 11 or so.

This is just plain inconsiderate to your steward.

I have never vacated my cabin by 8 a.m. Sometimes I'm just getting up at that time. I'm usually completely out of the room by 10 and I have hung out at the pool until 11 or so.

Unless your ship is arriving at mid-day, you are asked to vacate your stateroom by 8 am, and usually the ship will be clear before 10:30 am if immigration and customs are proceeding relatively smoothly. So I really doubt your assertions......

I assume you love giving your cabin steward huge problems? That's so inconsiderate and thoughtless and selfish! You're also keeping new passengers from embarking... shame on you!

I assume you love giving your cabin steward huge problems? That's so inconsiderate and thoughtless and selfish! You're also keeping new passengers from embarking... shame on you!

He must be the one we hear being paged over and over and over and over again so that we can begin to debark. The Golden Child.

I did a "search" on this member and he/she started a thread a couple of weeks ago entitled "I haven't cruised for over seven years". Interesting that they feel the need to make comments like this...:confused:

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Inconsiderate? Thoughtless? Selfish? Oh, please! I always check with my stateroom attendant and have told them of my plans not to be fully out until 10:00 a.m. Every time, and I mean every time, they have told me no problem. Just asking in advance for a little more time has always been given the 'OK.'

Inconsiderate? Thoughtless? Selfish? Oh, please! I always check with my stateroom attendant and have told them of my plans not to be fully out until 10:00 a.m. Every time, and I mean every time, they have told me no problem. Just asking in advance for a little more time has always been given the 'OK.'

Yes, absolutely thoughtless and inconsiderate... Your cabin steward didn't say no because he or she is afraid of your complaining.... Your conduct causes a heavy burden on him and her... they have to get the cabins ready for the new passengers, which is impossible with you in the cabin. So, you cause him or her to fall behind in his or her duties, which, in turn, gets them in trouble with their manager... You don't see anything wrong with that????

Yes, absolutely thoughtless and inconsiderate... Your cabin steward didn't say no because he or she is afraid of your complaining.... Your conduct causes a heavy burden on him and her... they have to get the cabins ready for the new passengers, which is impossible with you in the cabin. So, you cause him or her to fall behind in his or her duties, which, in turn, gets them in trouble with their manager... You don't see anything wrong with that????

Oh, give me a break. I have been cruising since 1974 and have many close friends who still work on ships - including room stewards. They have ALL told me that it is perfectly acceptable to vacate the room by 10 a.m. as long as the room steward has agreed. It also helps to give them a little extra $$$ for their trouble.

Keep sailing and asking questions, you may learn a thing or two.

Oh, give me a break. I have been cruising since 1974 and have many close friends who still work on ships - including room stewards. They have ALL told me that it is perfectly acceptable to vacate the room by 10 a.m. as long as the room steward has agreed. It also helps to give them a little extra $$$ for their trouble.

Well, I think everyone here agrees with me... I've sailed enough to know how to appreciate the very hard working crew. I'd personally would never require staying in the cabin past the requested time to be out (which, on Princess, is 8:30 a.m.). Turnaround day is very difficult on the crew and wouldn't imagine adding to it.

I think I know enough about courtesy and thoughtfulness, which you seem to be in dire need of.

Well, I think everyone here agrees with me... I've sailed enough to know how to appreciate the very hard working crew. I'd personally would never require staying in the cabin past the requested time to be out (which, on Princess, is 8:30 a.m.). Turnaround day is very difficult on the crew and wouldn't imagine adding to it.

I think I know enough about courtesy and thoughtfulness, which you seem to be in dire need of.

Happy sailing, Working 2 Cruise, I wish you nothing but the best!

Then you and your "many close friends" are wrong. As another said, your steward says yes because the don't want you to complain. By staying late you inconvenience the steward and the new passengers coming on who may be delayed in getting into their cabin when they board.

Then you and your "many close friends" are wrong. As another said, your steward says yes because the don't want you to complain. By staying late you inconvenience the steward and the new passengers coming on who may be delayed in getting into their cabin when they board.

Until you get 40+ years of cruising under your belt and spend a career in the travel business, I suggest you keep your limited knowledge of the workings of a ship crew to yourself.