Darkwood Beach

lyndaedris

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have have no first hand experience with any of the beaches (first cruise to these islands is in March) but we purchased a great book - "Frommer's Ports of Call" in that book they list Darwood as one of the 5 best.

According to the book is is on the less developed and picturesque southwest coast and Turner's Bech is also nearby. (Jolly harbor is just North of this beach.) Frommer''s lists the following as available at Darkwood. - showers, snorkeling equipment, and chairs. They also say that there are restaurants serving seafood and bars. There is a map, but it does not quote cab ride fare.

Frommer's list the cab ride to Dickensons Bay as 10.00 so I would estimate that Darkwood might be double that amount.:confused:

I highly recommend this book.

Judi

I also highly recommend this book.... I am sure people are getting tired of me telling them to go buy it and must think I own stock in the publishing company or something. I assure you I don't :D

But it has so much information in it about all the ports of the Caribbean and why oh why would you want to spend all that money on a vacation and not know what and how to do all the things there are to do ???

I must also add that I have learned sooooooooo much from these boards too but I find that I keep referring back tothis book time and time again.

I have each port tagged for easy reference :)

WE ARE CRUISING SERENADE OUT OF SAN JUAN ON NOV. 26, 05.

I can tell you that we have a car rented and will be picking it up at Jolly Harbor and was quoted by car rental co. that taxi from pier to Jolly Harbor would run us $20.00 AND DARKWOOD IS EVEN FURTHER.

HAVE A SUPER CRUISE !!

• 4 weeks later...

Went last week. Got off ship and took a taxi (I think like $25 each way and arranged to have the driver pick us up at a specific time to return). Got there around 10:30 AM and were literally the only ones on this pristine beach for about 2 hours. A little wave action which was fun. Not really good for snorkeling. Beach stand with chairs to rent, food and bathrooms. It is about 20 mins from the pier and secluded and away from it all. Just beautiful and picture post card perfect. Decided it was too much to get to another beach for the other half of the day so just went back to the ship.:)

lyndaedris - If you'd like to see what the beach looks like go to http://www.cruiseprofessionals.com and then click on the right hand side, about half way down the page, NEW 360 degree panoramic ports of call. Click on caribbean and then any port you'd like to see a beach in. I look at it all the time. Hope this helps you. Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived