Are Oasis and Quantum class ships too crowded?

Hi,

I am thinking of booking last minute cruise and would love to sail on one of the newer ship for entertainment and food options.

Do Oasis, Allure and Quantum feel crowded? Would I even be able to get reservations for restaurants/shows booking last minute? I love the idea with all that these ships have to offer but I really don't care for waiting in long lines on my vacation. Please advice! Would I be better off in a smaller ship?

When we were on the Oasis we were amazed at how well this ship absorbs thousands of people. We didn't feel crowded at all and getting on and off the ship at ports was faster than other ships. They really have it down pat moving people around and keeping things going smoothly.

Book, cruise, enjoy!

Should be no problem at all on Oasis. You rarely notice the other 6,000 people....shows should be easy enough for walk in, except maybe comedy show and Aqua Theater show - try making those in advance if you can, or right away on boarding. Specialty dining, have never reserved in advance and have never had a problem getting times at the ones we wanted.

Haven't sailed Quantum, so can't speak to that one.

We thought that Allure (Oasis class) felt very spacious, and only crowded at expected times, such as after the muster drill, the Windjammer on the first day, and when leaving a show.

Our Quantum cruise wasn't sailing full, so I really can't speak about crowds. We only felt it during the show that's held in 270. The seats aren't really set up for clear viewing and for good crowd control.

I haven't done those really big ships, but it seems the newer ships are better setup for more people. They are designed to have more facilities

We did Rhapsody OTS, Radiance OTS, Voyager OTS, (Radiance 3 more trips) and then Celebrity Solstice. We have just gotten off a second trip on Rhapsody after it was "revitalised" and have cancelled a booking we had for Legend OTS. People think the bigger ships are more crowded.

It is the smaller ships that are getting more crowded as they are cramming more options in. Like the new restaurants. The new cabins.

The only time i found Oasis super crowded was right after a show in the theatre. I always was so amazing at how fast everyone cleared out. I am a semi impatience person and the crowds did not affect me any of my three times on OAsis class ships

I will echo what others have said - Oasis class absorbs people incredibly well. It has a large amount of open "space" with hall of the neighborhoods.

You will notice the crowds post theater and MDR main dining times, but it is manageable. The other major flaw (unless they've corrected this since drydock) - is the elevators. On all of my cruises on the Oasis and Allure they have seemed to be poorly programmed. I usually just take the stairs unless I have to go up 10 flights or more.

Oasis/Allure--no. Actually feel less crowded than on Freedom Class, especially on sea days. Could always find a lounger in Solarium. Liberty OTS, never on sea days unless you chair hog.

Haven't been on Quantum

Hi,

I am thinking of booking last minute cruise and would love to sail on one of the newer ship for entertainment and food options.

Do Oasis, Allure and Quantum feel crowded? Would I even be able to get reservations for restaurants/shows booking last minute? I love the idea with all that these ships have to offer but I really don't care for waiting in long lines on my vacation. Please advice! Would I be better off in a smaller ship?

You will love both if you're looking for awesome entertainment and food options. I sailed a full pre-drydock Oasis and a 90% full Quantum... neither felt overcrowded (Oasis slightly more imho). On my Q sailing I had no problems changing reservations, making last minute plans, showing up to venues on the spur of the moment... many of the early sailings just before and after me had horrible reviews regarding lines and so forth I just couldn't understand but must've occured. Most recent reviews have seasoned cruisers saying venues are not lined up or crowded, easy to make changes, etc. On Oasis I had not booked the Comedy Club and never got to see that (huge stand-by line-up) and trying to see the Aqua show a second time the stand-by was also huge so didn't bother (conversely on Quantum saw Starwater 3 times and rode on Northstar 5 times with al most no line). The night I did Windjammer on Oasis the line-up and crowd was one of the worst I've experienced... Oasis is not a ship for Windjammer at dinner imo. The theme nights on Q up at Windjammer were equal to being in the Main Dining Room (read some reviews... crab legs, shrimp, main courses equal to MDR on Q). I have not sailed post-drydock Oasis so perhaps what I have said above is no longer relevant.

Having sailed both small(er) and bigger ships, you're entertainment & food options are awesome on the bigger ships. You should definitely try it.

Have a great cruise! :D

I've been on a lot of cruise ships and by far, Oasis class was the least crowded.

1) People are spread out all over the ship.

2) There are lots of different things to do. Even if you don't rock wall climb or surf, they take people away from the pool area! On sea days, I was able to get a lounger next to the pool at 1:00pm.Never done that on any ship!

3) very well designed. Getting off the ship took 5 minutes, going down escalater. On other ships, you might be hold up in the stair cases. Getting on was even better- they set up metal detectors on the dock. It was actually easier to get on/off the ship than any large (which would half the size of the Oasis) CCL or Princess ship.

The only time we saw crowds was for the indoor parades.

Only time I ever felt crowded on the Oasis Class was the first afternoon right after boarding. It's the only time of the entire cruise that everyone on the ship is trying to do the exact same thing at the exact same time -- eat lunch, explore, then go to the msuter drill. After sail away? Never an issue on the Oasis Class, which are some of the least crowded ships I've ever sailed. Most impressive is the sea day pool deck setup. Never had a problem finding a chair either on the pool deck or one deck up above the pool area.